Recent content by Kad_Venku

+
  1. K

Mod making and copyright

I didn't know if you had to press a license agreement button on installation, that's why I've added the second part to my statement. An EULA is legally binding unless a court decides it is not. And yes, not having such a button usually makes the court rule in favour of the user. But that is a...
  2. K

[Lighting Mods] STLM 3.0

Riven-Twain Sorry for that. Just couldn't leave the brought up points unaddressed. To not further derail this, I've addressed the remaining points in a new topic.
  3. K

Mod making and copyright

Mod making and copyright As we were straying off topic in Essenthy's STLM thread, but I don't want to leave some points not addressed, I decided to post this in its own topic. But before I address any of the points brought up, let's establish a baseline. Copyright law - rough overview: We...
  4. K

[Lighting Mods] STLM 3.0

The mod has been created by Essenthy and packaged with wcc, therefore it is subject to the license agreement. It does contain game content, which differs from the base game, whether that content is exclusively based off of vanilla files or not is irrelevant to the agreement, it is still his...
  5. K

[Lighting Mods] STLM 3.0

WalteriusMaximus This statement by ImprovizoR is simply not true. An excerpt from the wcc_eula - the license agreement between CD Projekt RED and the mod maker who installed the mod tools: So a mod is copyrighted by the mod author, period. And any license, permissions etc. a mod author...
  6. K

[TUT] Using the mods.settings file

[TUT] Using the mods.settings file This is a tutorial aimed at newcomers and intermediates to modding The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. This tutorial will mainly focus on utilizing the “ominous” mods.settings file for introducing, maintaining, and manipulating how Witcher 3 handles the way it loads...
  7. K

[MODS] A small collection of personal mods

Sorry, yes you're right. descending. Going to fix that in the original post. Messed myself up here. Olddddd: Yes, you could use 2 as well. The 100 was just an arbitrary number. Asmodean778: Thanks for the update. Just tested it, works like a charm and looks great!
  8. K

RasAlgethi24: PeLLeT_RSD is right. The mods get loaded in ascending alphabetical order. You don't have to include all mods in the mods.settings file. Only the ones you want to load in an explicit order. Quoting myself here:
  9. K

Sounds great Asmodean. Going to test the update once I'm home. For the load order: There are basically two ways of doing it: Either you abuse the alphanumerical load order scheme as stated above, or you are using the mods.settings file: For those who are interested, it works like this: The...
  10. K

[Survey] Mod managing and installation tool - aimed at mod makers

Just to not turn off any kind of user and make all of us seem arrogant at the same time. Being fair, about 50% of the users don't post at all, because the mod is working for them. The other 50% are another story; About half of them are total noobies , out of those there sadly are only about 1...
  11. K

All of that is very doable. I should even be able to provide a - call it script - mod makers with really ugly installation procedures could use to automate the installation. The only things I have to determine are what actions the script should be able to recognize and execute. So thanks for...
  12. K

[Survey] Mod managing and installation tool - aimed at mod makers This is a survey aimed primarily at mod makers. The question is rather simple: What kind of functionalities would a mod managing tool for The Witcher 3 have to provide? I already have a small list in mind: Profiling function...
  13. K

Finishers became bugged?

OK, this is weird then, I am not using Galaxy, only the gog.com downloads. I did a fresh install Base Game > 1.11 > FreeDLC Package (v1.11) > HoS (v1.11). Had to re-download both HoS and the FreeDLC packs though. Since then everything is working as intended. The finishers should be a retroactive...
  14. K

[MOD] Super Turbo Lighting Mod

I might be so bold and cross post this:
  15. K

Content file system - potential problems with modified files.

To clarify: If a game was started on a pre 1.10 save, but later got updated to 1.10 or 1.11 respectively, thus the save file then being a "hybrid" once it got overwritten, I was not able to determine a predictable behaviour of the modded files. Sometimes it worked, sometimes not. Sometimes it...
Top Bottom