Recent content by kirell

+
  1. kirell

Witcher 3 -also- had a lot of issues. CDPR fixed them. They will this.

Love the game. Bugs will be fixed, no performance issues on my old pc (GTX 980, so high quality textures in 1920 is enough for me). I'm 61 hours in, have almost cleared Watson now and a just the first main quest to get Johnny Silverhand. Amazing level design and atmosphere. If expectations for...
  2. kirell

Night vision or a flashlight.

Some indoor and underground areas are very dark (and correctly so) - but humans had ways to get a portable light source for a long time. Torches & candles in the past, flashlights in the present, probably cybereyes in the future of Cyberpunk 2077. Note: I'm aware you could change gamma, but i...
  3. kirell

Cyberpunk 2077 – Deep Dive Video

In general i would agree with the point that you should be able to tell exactly what you say or do, at least the full next sentence if its multiple lines (cropped misleading dialogue choices annoyed me to no end in other games as well). But in this specific instance, Placide lied to you about...
  4. kirell

Cyberpunk 2077 – Deep Dive Video

How would you incapacitate a netwatch agent without cutting him off from the net ? Hes already unarmed and not dangerous in the physical sense, and physical constraints won't stop him on the net. Also, considering you have Placide riding you with root access, what happens when you connect to...
  5. kirell

What will the system requirements be? Lets discuss!

I would consider pushing the graphics card back as close to release as possible: AMD Navi 12 & 14 are just around the corner and will put some pressure on the RTX line by Nvidia -> would expect some price drops after they release...
  6. kirell

T-bug might be romancable in the game

Huh, but T-Bug is not a ganger, or did I miss something about her lore? Anyway, I doubt she's very heavily armored, her Cyberware is most likely more related to netrunning. If the CGI trailer is any indication, she went down very fast to gunfire...
  7. kirell

T-bug might be romancable in the game

Shes a gang boss of the animals. I expect at least skin weave, but more likely subdermal armor. Don't think she has a full skull replacement, her face is too expressive (then again, who knows how much synthskin/vatskin improved in the meantime)
  8. kirell

Gunplay lacks recoil!

Thats fun, but really noobs that hold the weapons very wrong or don't expect recoil for some reason (with shotguns, no less!). Keanu Reeves during weapon training: I expect professional soldiers - e.g. a V with 9 body & high skill - to do even better. Even more so for gorilla grip arms...
  9. kirell

How Should Fast Travel Work in Cyberpunk? Fast Travel From Anywhere?

Imo fast travel should be only available in areas you can call your car to, or a taxi, or from train & bus stations. So more than in Witcher 3, but not from inside Buildings and certainly not from inside missions. That said, I won't use fast travel much anyway if Witcher 3 is any indication...
  10. kirell

Gunplay lacks recoil!

The female V using those weapons in the demo had extreme body stat (9, just 1 point below max, 3 is normal). In addition she had the gorilla grip arm replacements which can force open metal doors, even bending metal doing so. Also likely maxed out weapon stat. All of these factors could add...
  11. kirell

Gunplay lacks recoil!

I would also imagine that years of development in ballistic masks and helmets could also allow non augmented enemies to take headshots. Especially if they find a good way to remove the impact stress on the neck by attaching it to body armor: Ff you just add an extra strong helmet to withstand...
  12. kirell

Stop drawing conclusions when CDPR openly states that things are placeholders and subject to change.

Some context required: The early demo they showed off was not in the later open world but an small level created just for the demo. It had severe limitations on # of possible actors and asset streaming was not required (cause not in open world yet). Yes, without consoles, the game would not have...
  13. kirell

FPP only cutscenes might be a deal-breaker for me

Well, i can easily imagine the banter in the elevator in first person, maybe even with some influence by the player setting the tone & general direction of the mission. Kinda whether V wants to act super professional, or joke around, or tell him to keep casualties at a minimum etc. I imagine the...
  14. kirell

The graphics

No, its not responsible for those. But since we have the comparison to the 3.8GB video, and there is a definite difference in texture quality between 1080p on the video download vs. 1080p on twitch/youtube. So the texture quality difference (or rather extra blur) between those two is indeed...
  15. kirell

RPG Mechanics: Skill Progression and Roles

Truth be told, I was always a bit put off by the way P&P Rpgs implemented social skills. A huge bouncer combat monster with dump Stat charisma should be intimidating as hell, and the guy that just shot off your kneecap as a warning and puts the gun to your head is intimidating, regardless of...
Top Bottom