Recent content by Linkenski

+
  1. L

Are you worried Witcher 3 was "Jump the shark" & future CDPR games will get worse?

Are you worried Witcher 3 was "Jump the shark" & future CDPR games will get worse? Witcher 3 really did something for this company. They slightly tweaked certain things vision-wise from their roots of TW1 and 2 to reach a broader audiene and personally I think the end result is...
  2. L

Analysis: With Witcher 3 CDPR no longer treat the players like adults [SPOILERS]

I think it was obvious from TW3's initial marketing campaign that it was changing from a PC and adult-specific demographic to the AAA-space demographic which means mainstream and bringing in as many modern and common gamers as possible and it paid off, so kudos to you CDPR. I'm still happy I can...
  3. L

An Open Letter from Head of CD PROJEKT RED

To be fair, if CDPR ever released a game that pissed fans off, they'd react by lampshading the issues or finding all the positive aspects and discard every serious claim or critisisms made towards their game (just like Bioware), as long as the overall critical and public state of the game is in...
  4. L

The Triss content and the inconsistency of our romance's choice

There was almost enough Triss. After her dialogue about the future near the final act her entire arc just ends, and there wasn't that moment like in Witcher 2 where Geralt kisses her if he saved her in act 3 before meeting Letho and such... At the end I assumed Ciri had died, and I was like "I...
  5. L

Politics in TW3

You guys really owe it to yourselves to make at least a sort of Extended Cut DLC for this because really, the finale of this game just was missing 2-3 more scenes during the climax and the epilogue to feel properly conclusive. Everything went fine and then suddenly it just started sliding down...
  6. L

Analysis: With Witcher 3 CDPR no longer treat the players like adults [SPOILERS]

I think instead of saying that "CDPR doesn't treat me like an adult" flip it around and say "CDPR wasn't as smart with this one" because that's what this is about. I think Marcin and co are good writers... but it really shows the biggest influences on Witcher 2's story was missing here. Usually...
  7. L

post-game depression. CDPR why why WHY would you do this???

I was quite excited when they announced TW3 was gonna continue post-story. It was gonna be just like ME2 with room for DLC continuations and ooh, I was so excited! ...but then I finished it and realized it just rolls back to the world state before the endgame and removes all ties to the main...
  8. L

Why the main narrative in the last third of the game is a bad hot mess [major spoilers!!!]

But still, in Witcher 3 the ending is a problem, but unlike Mass Effect 3 it doesn't go out of its way to introduce an entirely new central conflict we've never heard of before and then try to solve that in the matter of minutes. It's close, but at least it was foreshadowed throughout the...
  9. L

Is this possibly the best ending? (SPOILERS OBVIOUSLY)

I didn't want a tragic end, but I felt the Ciri Witcher ending was tonally ill-fitting for where the tension-curve was and how it felt like it lacked... i guess, situational awareness. It felt like it wanted you to smile and go "ooh, that's so cool" but I wasn't ready for the resolution at all...
  10. L

Open Letter from Marcin Iwiński -- co-founder of CD PROJEKT RED

Congrats, but please fix the awful inconsistencies in the third act ASAP. The endings are really abrupt.
  11. L

Why the main narrative in the last third of the game is a bad hot mess [major spoilers!!!]

I think putting Roche and Ves and Letho within the main plot in some ways was already stretching it in terms of believability and suspend-disbelief, but adding in Iorveth, Saskia and all those too. It would become too obvious how fanservice-y it was, unless they had been smart about it and...
  12. L

But CDPR is mainstream now. They actually care about whether they bore those people, and that's gonna be a problem for all future games. And if they said No Enhanced Edition this time then that's how it's gonna be. I still hope they care enough to make an Extended Cut DLC for free. And...
  13. L

Eredin says 12 sentences during the whole game and.....

You forgot about the absolutely terrible handling of Radovid who turned from being a reasonable but radical figure in TW2 into being a derp madman who sits on a boat playing chess to make him look evil. There were lots of good things in TW3, but here and there it really started to reek of...
  14. L

Really good food for CDPR-thought. I hope they take note and find some way to amp up the endgame with an Enhanced Edition or Extended Cut. I feel like, with ME3 a lot of people booed and moaned even when they announced they were going to extend the endings. I completely understood that because...
Top Bottom