Recent content by LouisLaLoupe

+
  1. LouisLaLoupe

Forest Whisperers - Why to change from being useless to being useless?

No, I'm certain I meant symbiosis, thanks. I'm not suggesting it's anything but a bit of fun atm, but the bare bones of a solid list are there. Already there are a number of good control options for this type of build (rebuke, boar, protector, PS/sentinels, circle, treant trap) and, combined...
  2. LouisLaLoupe

A bunch of ST customs using Deathblow and Counter

A week ago or so I posted a huge rant about the state of ST and how, personally, I envisage it going forward. The post is very long and a bit boring so I'll summarize • Increase Deathblow in ST to give (particularly the Elven archetype) a far reaching strategy that works with dealing damage...
  3. LouisLaLoupe

Forest Whisperers - Why to change from being useless to being useless?

Should have given her symbiosis and removed the secondary tag altogether
  4. LouisLaLoupe

Thoughts on how ST could be shaken up

Yes, its a condition that is unnecessary costly and clunky. A decision that makes the card bad in comparison to other cards that has their power tied to board state. Why should you have to expend a leader charge, or worse still, a card, to make them functional when they could be perfectly...
  5. LouisLaLoupe

Most bronzes (well most cards) have some condition but not all are conditional on you playing a card (or leader charge) to make them work. That is why these 2 cards are bad. This is particularly bad for engines because often you can lose 1 turn of boost. Commando has a passive effect. it is...
  6. LouisLaLoupe

Well this was alluded to in my post; In short, handbuff makes balancing unnecessarily complicated and is detrimental to robust design Why is it necessary that both Wardancer and Defender have to be handbuffed? There is no point, both could function perfectly well if designed inline with other...
  7. LouisLaLoupe

Yeah, Natures gift. I have no idea why I wrote "call of nature". I can offer no reason 1624900671 My problem with handbuff is the sheer volume of it when there is so little pay-off. it could be argued (quite rightly) that buff/carryover is enough to justify its existence but imo st shouldnt be...
  8. LouisLaLoupe

Scoia'tael bronze cards desperately need a buff

https://forums.cdprojektred.com/index.php?threads/thoughts-on-how-st-could-be-shaken-up.11090102/
  9. LouisLaLoupe

This post mainly addresses problems with the Elf pool and by that, specifically, with cards that currently function with swarm/Elves, not movement or CoN. There is nothing too problematic with the Dwarf bronze pool but a lot of this post does address them, simply because they do function in a...
  10. LouisLaLoupe

Madoc Deck Tech

That's a nice bit of revisionism on your behalf. " i had some people arguing with me he was not that good" If that was aimed at me then that is not true. I did not suggest he wasn't good. What I didn't agree with was this; "Should be cool on a NG deck with Letho KS for a 2nd Madoc. Might even...
  11. LouisLaLoupe

Patch notes 8.1

It seems worth it in a vacuum but you are sacrificing tempo and round control for a not inconsiderable amount of provs in order to do this. Not to mention that you'll essentially have to weaken your deck to add some bombs for some sort of consistency. Perhaps it could be a thing but I don't...
  12. LouisLaLoupe

Patch notes 8.1

I doubt that expending that many provs would be worthwhile. The card's value is because it can be played in multiple rounds, meaning that you'll have to have bombs in your starting deck to gain additional value. There are of course ways to use bombs that aren't in your staring deck but again...
  13. LouisLaLoupe

Feedback needed for my (probably broken) ST trap expansion! Thanks

In the huge wall of text I mention why there are so many defenders. Basically because Figgis bricks Vernossiel's Commando and scenario, making defender awkward for people playing swarm elves. Commando isn't a great card obvs but with so few elf engine options, it does make it it infuriating that...
  14. LouisLaLoupe

"How do we fix Gwent", part 413: Artifacts

Woohoo, replies! 1. Yeah, you have a point about coin abuse. I considered at one point making it so it couldn't be played when both players have full hands (a bit like Matta) but decided this didn't make a huge difference. It would be especially nasty with Saber but having said that, ST...
Top Bottom