Recent content by lycos

+
  1. L

Icewind Dale Roleplay

Icewind dale is a rather looooooooong way away from Thay.
  2. L

Icewind Dale Roleplay

Indeed. Though is there a way to purge the poll at each new point? I think a few have been there since Q1 and are skewing it a bit. Oh and green. Definetly green. ;)
  3. L

Icewind Dale Roleplay

Hmm, yell a challange to someone high up, three times my size, and with big rocks to throw down.... dont think so. Drop the shield and run to a wall? Sorry, I dont do 'bug on windshield' impressions, so no. Drop the shield and go invisible? Hmm, not bad. But of course there is the little...
  4. L

Icewind Dale Roleplay

Hmm... Utter a long string of inventive profanities concerning the parentage of Hrothgar for leading us into it, have an unusual urge to kill and all mysterious halflings, and idly wonder how to pronounce 'Icasaracht'. Oh, and throw up a magic shield.
  5. L

Playing Classic RPGs

You and every other player in existence. An old quote I read long ago... "Elminster is the most famous DM's-pet-NPC in existence, and, fairly or unfairly, he gets painted with all the crimes perpetrated by members of his race. As such, he is a convenient stand-in for every asshat Merlin rip-off...
  6. L

The new Xbox

I suspect it's more like they can't (if the employees have the slightest hint of self preservation). When you have an obnoxious power freak at the top, people lower on the corporate rung who dare question 'the grand vision' tend to be seeking new employment rather quickly. So even if the...
  7. L

Taking Sides: Geralt's Many National Allegiances

Then you go the Batman Route. "I won't kill you, but I don't have to save you"
  8. L

Mad Max The Video Game

I'm mildly surprised they managed to put the steering wheel on the correct side of the V8 interceptor. Usually they forget details like that. (intro clip from MM2) The blurb - a lone warrior who must embark on a perilous journey after his Interceptor is stolen by a deadly gang of marauders. A...
  9. L

Playing Classic RPGs

Just use the "thief forward observer" trick. Have her stealth and go forward enough so the thief can see them, but they can't see your main party. Then have your mage throw a cloudkill or two using the _thief's_ line of sight. The spell starts hurting them, but since they can't see you they...
  10. L

The new Xbox

Already done - people are saying he was talking about the chip architecture and was taken out of context. This is however debateable as while the Jaguar CPU is a indeed a sucessor to AMD's Bobcat (a notebook cpu), Intel is releasing the 22nm Haswell architecture in June, which means...
  11. L

The new Xbox

*blink* And this guy is the "Chief Technology Officer at Electronic Arts"? This goes a veeery long way to explaining a lot of EA's problems.
  12. L

The new Xbox

Stephen Gaghan. As to wether he is any good, I couldn't say I as I have seen none of his listed works.
  13. L

The new Xbox

There shouldn't even be a war at this point. Between M$ diving headfirst into the concrete with Windows 8 (which they finally admitted) and now the new Xbox, both gaming platforms now have something in common. /> Combined with 10 years of lacklustre performance, I wonder how long Steve is...
  14. L

Torment: Tides of Numenera

'The complete book of elves' was an early splat book released for 2nd ed D&D (around 10 years ago IIRC). It was not well liked and the more common title used in RPG circles is "The Complete Book of the Master Race". Mechanically, the new classes were severly unbalanced, (hence the jibe about...
  15. L

Is 2013 the worst year for gaming?

You wont be then, as it's Bethesda. As for the mention, it was a tweet by the voice actor for Three Dog (Erik Todd Dellums) - "To all my #Fallout3 and #ThreeDog fans: There may be more of the Dog coming! Fingers crossed!" with speculation its about Fallout 4.
Top Bottom