Recent content by Mike_GS

+
  1. Mike_GS

Do we want Witcher 4 ?

Honestly, I'm tired of hearing about Ciri as the new protagonist. Her story is already told, she is totally OP, not a witcher (because she is a femaie), and the list goes on.. Playing in an European middle ages fantasy-setting, it's much better with a male character like Geralt. You do sword...
  2. Mike_GS

Issue with rivers in Skellige (water looks like quicksilver)

Hi, I noticed after updating to version 4.04 (or possibly 4.03), the rivers in Skellige look too shiny and reflective - almost like quicksilver. There are also weird sharp/flat white/grey-flat reflective surfaces at certain angles that are clearly visual bugs. Have anyone else here noticed...
  3. Mike_GS

Does CDPR still intend to follow the ESG agenda? It didn't work for Netflix' Witcher adaption

Hi, CDPR is my favourite gaming company, and Witcher 3 is my favourite game of all time. Cyperpunk 2077 has also become a fantastic game, an absolute top tier AAA-gaming release after version 2 - at a massive expensive for CDPR, which is greatly appreciated. As many others here, I'm looking...
  4. Mike_GS

Yet another male-oriented fantasy game...

God no, I'm so tired of the politically correct "strong wamen" and "Mary Sue" trope these days. Nearly every single sci-fi or fantasy game, TV-show or movie etc. the last few years have pushed a female lead, or started off with a male legacy character, only to make a bait-and-switch during the...
  5. Mike_GS

New Anti-Aliasing options are blurry.

SMAA with Reshade works a little better than the ingame AA, at least in the pre-NG version (I use DLSS now).
  6. Mike_GS

Bug Reports - Witcher 3 NextGen Version

Doesn't work with Hairworks, don't know about otherwise (always use hairworks) - but from other comments I've read, it's both. This is kinda a big thing, so hopefully there will another patch or two from CDPR, fixing some of these remaining bugs.
  7. Mike_GS

No, it's a vanilla issue. Has also been confirmed on the nexusmod page of HD Monsters (a mod included in Next Gen version, but has been now updated to v5.0 for even better quality monsters).
  8. Mike_GS

Version 4.04 bug: There is no hair/fur for hags and fiends.
  9. Mike_GS

Any mod(s) that remove new "Grey Sky" weather mode in W3 NG? It doesn't fit visually

Hi, The topic says it all. Are there any mods or other ways out there, to remove the new Next Gen "Grey Sky" weather mode/cycle? Overall, I love the Next Gen version of Witcher 3, but the new Grey Sky weather mode is very detracting in terms of visuals and immersion for me. It doesn't fit with...
  10. Mike_GS

Baldur's Gate III

A voiced protagonist is just so much better for immersion and effective storytelling. A silent protagonist just doesn't work as well, and makes the dialogues slower and duller than they could've been. Metro Exodus is a great example of this, which is otherwise a top notch game. That's why...
  11. Mike_GS

Toussaint grass color bug in version 4.03

Has anyone figured this out yet? I tried updating to the latest Nvidia drivers, reinstalled the game, nothing helps. This has to be a bug within the game (shaders etc.). Here are some more screenshots (same area from different distances - notice how the grass color darkens with more distance).
  12. Mike_GS

Btw. I tried verifying the game files, and deleting and re-downloading the game, but it's still there. Probably a bug with the shaders or something. This isn't an issue in the other maps/areas like Velen etc. Hopefully CDPR will fix this.
  13. Mike_GS

Thanks, but it issue is the same with both RT on or off, so RT is not the issue.
  14. Mike_GS

Sure, here are a couple of screenshots. Notice how the grass turns darker and green-blue-ish in the distance. When walking around it looks not very good, and is easily noticeable. The colors look off in the screenshots (maybe because of HDR, but you can still see the issue fairly well).
  15. Mike_GS

Shadows too dark - v4.03

Are you using RT shadows? I turned them off, regular shadows look better IMO.
Top Bottom