Recent content by MortVickers2020

+
  1. MortVickers2020

Cyberpunk 2077 Fan Fiction: Hollow Boy

First light saw the pair nestled into the concrete and steel of the thirtieth floor of a construction site in Charter Hill, which, according to the advertising, would be luxury living for lucky owners in no less than a year. Right now, however, it was a skeletal structure that gave them an...
  2. MortVickers2020

Wyatt just kept driving for a while, letting the adrenaline rush subside. It had been a while since he had been that close to dying. The aftermath was a wash of chemical overflow through his body. “Here’s uh, your eddies back,” said Gata, pulling the roll from her jacket and offering it to...
  3. MortVickers2020

“So what was all that about?” asked Gata, as they walked through the market. “In the military biz, we call that recon,” replied Wyatt. He turned toward the bootleg electronics store, and Gata followed. “Okay, recon. So what were you looking for?” Wyatt ignored her as he asked the woman at the...
  4. MortVickers2020

Wyatt really didn’t have any appetite, but Tom’s Diner served real coffee, gave them a comfortable place to sit, and it seemed like Gata’s capacity for food was much larger than her narrow frame implied. As good an ops room as any, thought Wyatt, as he explained his thoughts to Gata. It was...
  5. MortVickers2020

Gata went through her morning routine at the shelter – shower, dress, a modest breakfast provided courtesy of the St. Scholastica Foundation - and made her way down to the front desk. Shelter policy was to be out of the building by 8 am. “Someone came looking for you,” said Lucy, the front desk...
  6. MortVickers2020

The sounds of people getting up and getting ready for the day eventually broke through the skin of Wyatt’s dreams, and he reluctantly opened his eyes. “Haul ass, bro, or you’ll miss breakfast,” said Mason, his bunkmate. “Not like that would be a tragedy,” muttered Wyatt, but nevertheless he...
  7. MortVickers2020

“Heya, Sil,” said Kei, walking up to the counter of the gun shop. “That’s Mister Mapusua to you, young lady,” said the owner, but he was smiling. Kei smiled back. Silesi Mapusua, the owner of Iron and Lead, was known throughout Northside as a decent guy. He’d never loan you a gun on credit, of...
  8. MortVickers2020

Technically, everything up to the docks was Maelstrom territory, but at this hour of the day you were never going to find any gangers north of Pershing Street. Kei knew that Barkbite liked to hang out with his metalhead friends around an old garage off Martin, where they had a few old standalone...
  9. MortVickers2020

I started playing the original Cyberpunk game all the way back when it was a box and three handbooks, and I've loved it ever since. When I first stepped into the Night City of Cyberpunk 2077, it felt like coming home. This short story, Hollow Boy, is my first fanfic set in the Night City of the...
  10. MortVickers2020

Skipping content

I can understand why someone would advocate for skipping initial content - the first section is very story and cutscene heavy, I agree. But for me, it may sound weird, but it's almost like a kind of respect. The devs put real time into establishing their atmosphere and story line. I'll walk...
  11. MortVickers2020

The sum should be more valuable than the parts?

In the HardWired supplement for the original RPG, there was a whole section on designing, assembling, and disassembling your own firearms. It's kind of been an integral part of the game from the very beginning.
  12. MortVickers2020

The director of the Witcher 3 and CP2077 has left CD Projekt Red

If you want to destroy something, give it all the money it could ever want.
  13. MortVickers2020

Why the person above you should be banned

Making me reminisce about Blood Bowl ban.
  14. MortVickers2020

Could cyberpunk be the game we've been dreaming of?

Maybe not in Night City lol
  15. MortVickers2020

open letter to the devs

There's so much that can be said about the release, the timing, the flaws, the hopes, everything really. I'm afraid that I'm going to sound very simplistic, but I'm going to say that for me, CDPR brought my favourite genre to life, and that brings me joy. The rest will get sorted.
Top Bottom