Recent content by mulzi

+
  1. M

Why does Yennefer appear at the beginning, in Geralt's dream?

Holy necro. But in the case, the devs and the books line up perfectly, if you read between the lines. Geralt says, in the books and at the beginning of the game, that he always thinks of Yennefer, no matter who he is with. He even uses Yen's name with Fringilla in bed a couple of times (in...
  2. M

Original The Witcher books Author Andrzej Sapkowski

The problem with this is he sold the rights. He was well within his rights not to sell the witcher rights to anyone, then he would have exclusive control. But he was always reaching for the exrta money, and when the games exceeded the expectations, he feels a little remorse. Sapkowski seems...
  3. M

Triss won't talk about Phillipa's crystal due to A Matter of Life and Death

You can talk to Triss about those side quests, give her the earring, etc after the battle of Kaer Morhen when you all go back to novigrad.
  4. M

Triss Merigold of Maribor (All Spoilers) Resurgence

I thought they did a good job in B&W with Triss's romance references. HoS was a minor disappointment in that regard. I do not think Triss/Yen is mentioned once in HoS, but I may have forgotten something. In B&W there are a few references, and the epilogue is nice if you continue to play past...
  5. M

Yen isn't really as bad as people who have only played the games think

Actually, my interpretation of the Triss in the books is a bit different. First, Yen and Geralt were on one of their 'breaks'. Triss wanted to see what Geralt was like, and then fell in love with him. Horrible? Perhaps from a 'friend' perspective with Yen, but then again Yen treated Geralt...
  6. M

So if ciri was the empress she could rule forever?

I was under the impression the eldar blood extented the nature lifeline. Or was that due to the eldar blood being mostly in Elves?
  7. M

Yennefer of Vengerberg (all spoilers) - The Revival

Wow, really? I too played only witcher 3 (read the books after my 3rd play through). I didn't know anything about either woman. The game to me pushed hard for Yen. Right from the start with the family dynamic with Yen, right til the end, made me feel like I was breaking up a family to...
  8. M

What are your top three favourite scenes from TW3?

1. Scene where Ciri returns to Kaer Morhen. So many emotions, animations, music sets the scene perfectly. Right up to the clueless 'what' from Geralt. 2. Scene where Yen and Geralt spy on Ciri's meeting with the lodge. 'Yes' and 'No' Classic Geralt/Yen interaction. 3. Battle...
  9. M

Yen Or Triss?

My quote about Yennefer's lack of relationship with Ciri, or showing that relationship, was more from the Ciri side of things than Yennefer's. Yenn definately shows her maternal side in the game, but Ciri's indifference is completely opposite than the books. In the books, you know that the...
  10. M

Yen Or Triss?

Yeah, I really like Yennefer's character. You do not see that much in video games. These actions you mention didn't turn me off Yen at all. And I like her constant banter/feistiness. But to me, there was no 'growth', or enough of a growth in half the game to show what Yen's character was...
  11. M

Yen Or Triss?

Same here. It was hard playing the game and not choosing Yen. The game really forces the family aspect of it with Yen, makes you feel like your breaking up the family and doing harm to Ciri in the process. Playing both story arcs, it felt like I chose Triss for Geralt, and chose Yen for the...
  12. M

Blood and Wine Expansion: Ciri visits vineyard?

Yen replies with 'Dear Friend' if you do not romance anyone. She responds with 'Dearest' and ends it with 'Your Yenn' if you romance her. Triss's is similar (eg. My Dear Geralt), ends it with 'Your Triss'.
  13. M

Yen Or Triss?

That was my impression as well, although Philippa plays both ways. There are a few dialogues in the game that infer that Geralt does not like Philippa very much, and his conversation with her during the Sunstone quest (and blindingly obvious quest) is more trying to tick her off (eg...
  14. M

Triss Merigold of Maribor (All Spoilers) Resurgence

I did not see Geralt getting too mushy. I think CDPR did a great job building up the conversations to show character growth. For example, when speaking with Cerys, he states that he is with Yenn because he never chosen calm and ease, peace and quiet. Then if he romances Triss, he tells Ciri...
  15. M

Yen Or Triss?

I agree. But you can weave in more emotion that doesn't involve being all lovey-dovey.. The cheesy/gooey romance with Triss works, but would never work with Yen. I was referring more to book chapter, where Yen makes it absolutely clear to Triss what she thinks of Geralt (and triss's attempt...
Top Bottom