Recent content by Murrdox.300

+
  1. M

Epilogue? i think you mean the final cutscene

Letho was an awesome character, but let's not forget he was truly a villain. For me, he deserved to die. Even though his actions were intended to restore his Witcher's School, and that in the past, he'd saved Geralt's life, the suffering and death that he caused outweighed his intentions. I...
  2. M

Just finished The Witcher (also, how long are the expansions?)

Neither am I really... but I want to see what happens on the different paths, with different choices regarding Geralt's love interest, etc...
  3. M

What are your opinions on the Enhanced Edition of The Witcher

I just had to note in this thread that last night I beat The Witcher EE for the first time.Holy crap!Chapter 4 honestly had me a little confused, just because it has little to do with the previous 2 chapters. Certain major plotlines are put on "Pause" until the finale of the chapter.During...
  4. M

Just finished The Witcher (also, how long are the expansions?)

I just finished the Witcher last night on the Order path.I hate this! Now I have to play through the game at least two more times! Damn you CD Projeckt and sucking up all my free time!(I mean, you're awesome and I love you and come out with Witcher expansions and the Witcher 2 please - and no I...
  5. M

They have to release more Witcher merchandise

If there's one thing we Americans know how to do, it's make LOTS of crap for people to buy. Especially crap based on sports teams.
  6. M

The Witcher Story

The Witcher Story I just have to say I'm constantly impressed by The Witcher, and I can't wait to complete the game and start over (although I might take a break to start up some Fallout 3, we'll see).I was talking with one of my friends who I got to buy the game last night. We're both in...
  7. M

Will I enjoy The Witcher?

Don't confuse this game with an attempt to copy The Elder Scrolls. The comparison to Mass Effect and Knights of the Republic are accurate.In terms of exploration, yes there is exploration. Most of the areas are "Open". You're not stuck to linear paths. You have a "Zone" that you adventure...
  8. M

[GENERAL] Witcher swords - discussion & questions

The damage % modification is a modification of the damage for the Witcher style you're using.So for example, if the witcher style you're doing says that you do 10-20 damage, and you use a sword that is + 10%, then you'll do 11-22 damage instead.
  9. M

Enhanced Edition (EE) Questions answered here

The paper manual that comes with the US version should just be an "Installation Guide" and not the full game manual. But if that's what you got, then good for you :)
  10. M

I LOVE IT vs I HATE IT

They did mo-cap for the sword-fighting??I'm going to explore my EE bonuses a little more when I get home from work!
  11. M

[GENERAL] EE New dialogues: Pro and Con Discussion

Okay, I just started Chapter 3... and I turned the English voice acting back on.Now, I don't think it's BAD. In fact I'm impressed by how good it was. I walked around and talked to many NPCs. I talked to several major NPCs, a lot of townsmen, guards, etc. I went through a few roleplaying...
  12. M

Weapon "abilities" not working as they should!

Oh is THAT what precise hit does? I always meant to look it up, but I haven't bothered yet, I just assumed that "Precise Hit" was "good" and that I wanted it. So that's what critical hit is... okay now I want it even more. :)Thanks for the tip!
  13. M

Weapon "abilities" not working as they should!

For Daggers, Clubs, etc - There is no style associated with the weapon. If the weapon says "30% to knockdown", then you have 30% to knockdown. That's just it.For Witcher Swords - The weapon provides bonuses to the style. So if you are using a style that is "50% to knockdown" then you have 50% to...
  14. M

Is this the darkest fantasy world ever in a game?

If you count non-fantasy settings, then Fallout is pretty dark. There's not much pretty going on in that game.In terms of dark fantasy settings, Planescape: Torment comes to mind... In terms of RECENT ones I'm not that sure. Neverwinter Nights 1 and 2 and Oblivion are some of the last Fantasy...
  15. M

[ACT I] This act was amazing! Are they other acts just as good and atmospheric?

I finally finished Chapter 2 over the weekend and I'm about ankle-deep in Chapter 3 now.All I can say is the game keeps getting more interesting! :)
Top Bottom