Recent content by nightward

+
  1. N

[EPILOGUE] Ending cutscene / cinematic discussion

It reminded me of the end of Hogfather."It kills monsters. Any kind."
  2. N

What is the purpose of The Trial of Grasses?

In essence, yes. I don't read much of Captain America (I'm Australian) but the Trial of the Grasses has some pretty spectacular and unfortunate side-effects, like killing Witcher candidates or driving them insane. Depends. Assuming they have accelerated physiologies across the board, it also...
  3. N

[Act I] Is Abigail bad and guilty?

In the early part of the game, you can talk to the local townspeople who say that the Reverend's daughter, Hela, got pregnant to Mikul and fled to the city after her father pitched a fit, where she works as a whore. Carmen's real name is Hela. QED.No rape is implied there, but Mikul had the...
  4. N

[Act I] Is Abigail bad and guilty?

After leaving the cave, Odo admits to murdering his brother, Haren makes his claim, and the Reverend is identified as assisting the Salamdra taking child slaves. After having given Abigail the five White Myrtles for Alvin's potion, the "prophetic" speech he gives identifies Mikul as Ilsa's...
  5. N

Triss Merigold?

In The Last Wish, Geralt notes that Sorceresses tended to start out their careers as a little (a lot?) on the unattractive side- hare lips, scoliosis, hunchbacks, squinty, and so on. As they learned to master the Art, they were able to alter their bodies, and to cover their insecurities, would...
  6. N

They can't make new witchers? (What'd I miss?) *LIKELY CONTAINS SPOILERS*

I don't think Vesemir, Lambert, Eskel, and Geralt are going into business there; Vesemir (at least in the game, I've only read The Last Wish) seems to be more of an arms master than anything else; Geralt, Lambert, and Eskel seem to be more hunters than teachers. In the game, mention is...
  7. N

They can't make new witchers? (What'd I miss?) *LIKELY CONTAINS SPOILERS*

It's what they did with Geralt.The process kills more than it converts (according to Lambert), but the human race was essentially forced to do something because of the hostility of the world they arrived on during the Conjunction. Although it sucks for the individual involved, the survival of...
  8. N

[ACT II] The con is no longer on?

[ACT II] The con is no longer on? After installing the EE patch, the Con Artist no longer shows up near the Sewers between 6 and 9. Is there a trigger for this that I've missed, or should he show up in Chapter 3 now?
  9. N

[ACT II] cemitery key ?

I think so. Thaler can be cleared by partying with Shani, but with Vincent you may need to do "The Rat" and clean out the Warehouse at night; with Coleman dead, you can't do "The Rat," though. I do that Quest out of order every time I try it, usually hitting the Graveyard and finding Marlowe...
  10. N

[ACT II] cemitery key ?

No worries, chief. If you get stuck you can try the Witcher wikia that keeps getting spammed in links here, or hit GameFAQs. The Wyzim Confidential quest is pretty messed up, though, so it can be easy to get hung up on something. In my case, I wasn't watching what I was doing and hit the...
  11. N

What are your opinions on the Enhanced Edition of The Witcher

You can run old saved games with the new Patch.Overall, though, you might as well start again. The AI seems a little less dense, and there are a host of minor differences.The load times and graphics engine have been dramatically improved.
  12. N

[ACT II] cemitery key ?

Coleman's not really necessary. To clear Thaler, just advance the "Old, Old Friends" quest with Shani and bring her some red roses. She'll then talk about her date with Thaler, which crosses him off the list. Make sure that the wounded Salamandra guy from the hospital has carked it, then talk to...
  13. N

[GENERAL] Witcher swords - discussion & questions

Harvall and the Mahakam Rune Sihill aren't Witcher Steel swords, and be damned if I'm going to hock either of those.
  14. N

[GENERAL] Witcher swords - discussion & questions

Witcher Steel Swords are forged from fallen star metal; ordinary weapons (Temerian Steel, rusty, etc) are all inferior in quality and do less damage.
  15. N

Why this guy never box with me?

Some of the pit fighters at taverns never fight; like the wandering townspeople that never do anything, they are just there to create atmosphere.
Top Bottom