Recent content by octihead

+
  1. O

Excellent game, but the swearing is not very well done and rather childish.

I like a good curse myself but it's one of the most difficult things for an actor to pull off and make it sound realistic and convincing. I think this is where it sometimes falls down.Nothing to do with the translation, it does sound a bit lets put it in for the teens at times and does not sound...
  2. O

The Witcher and Feminism

I think you should choose youre words a bit more carefully. I am sure its not intentional but it can be read to suggest that eastern european males have some particular cultural trait that makes them want to jump every women in sight.I think many 16-25 year old males the world over (hell some...
  3. O

Favorite book?

me too. Not read this in years, must do so again I have read it many times, he is great. Jorge Louis Borges is anouther fav. of mine from S. AmericaI would pick The Tain bo Cualnge (The cattle raid of cooley) An ancient Irish masterpiece but its fun and an exciting read. Also goes by the name of...
  4. O

High pitched noise

If its a distinct beeping noise like morse code it sounds like it's a warning from youre motherboard, they use a series of beebs as an error message, its a case of checking youre m.b manual to see what it is (please excuse me if you are aware of this)I would be tempted to try a diffrent graphics...
  5. O

Sorry Witcher, I'm going with Hellgate London =\

I played the hellgate demo for about 20 min I must confess I hated it. Don't know if it was a driver problem but the textures looked terrible and game play seemed dreadful, but i did not realy give it much of a chance before wiping it from my system in disgust. There was so much p.r on this game...
  6. O

The Witcher and Feminism

Ive not played through the whole of the game, but the bit where the villagers and priest attempt to burn the witch gives an accurate discription of the churches attitude towards women in the medevial period. In real life they could be somewhat more powerful. Women in towns were responsible for a...
Top Bottom