Recent content by OldGrayBeard

+
  1. OldGrayBeard

Now playing [music]

Not listening, but singing my own bit of doggerel: I’m a Witcher Guy (with apologies to Monty Python’s Flying Circus) Oh! I’m a Witcher-Guy and I’m OK! I kill monsters for lots of pay! I cut down ghouls, I slash and slice, I go to the brothel-ry. On Wednesdays I drink potions Have mutagens...
  2. OldGrayBeard

Why the person above you should be banned

^Banned for incorrect answer to "What's your favourite colour?"
  3. OldGrayBeard

Now reading [books]

"Something Wicked This Way Comes" - Ray Bradbury. Still a joy to read his works.
  4. OldGrayBeard

I need some help for my thesis

Glad to help. Best of luck on getting enough replies to make this work for you. One thing that's always appealed to me in the Witcher series is the tension about how "neutrality" often means committing to an action that is actively negative to one group, but positive towards another.
  5. OldGrayBeard

^ Banned for taking the land from the man!
  6. OldGrayBeard

Kayran: Can someone please kill the kayran for me? :(

Wow! After all these years, I'm somehow gratified to see other people that can't do QTE's for crap either! Way back when, I finally had my son get me past it. I then made multiple copies of the save so I could follow all the different game paths. :p Oh, and if you guys at CDPR hadn't make these...
  7. OldGrayBeard

^ Ban! Ban! Ban! Ban! Ban! Ban! Ban! Ban! Wonderful Ban! Glorious Ban!
  8. OldGrayBeard

Weekly Poll 11/13/18 - Netrunning General

Just think "Neuromancer", and you'll get it right. ;-)
  9. OldGrayBeard

The Witcher - Forgotten memories

Yup, downloaded it last night. I've been hardcore Witcher fan since I first heard about the game and dug up a couple of the stories online. I was hooked. Can't say I'm a hardcore gamer. I usually play games for story/atmosphere. To me a good RPG game is like reading an enhanced story. And...
  10. OldGrayBeard

Now playing [music]

Monty Python's Spamalot - Finland / Fish Schlapping Song
  11. OldGrayBeard

Now reading [books]

Here's a great little book I happened on: "Trail of Lightning" by Rebecca Roanhorse (Indigenous American Author) "Unhappy Future" based on climate disaster and Dine' (Navajo) mythology suddenly becoming very real again. Absolutely priceless portrayal of Coyote the Trickster! I've already...
  12. OldGrayBeard

With CP2077: A donation option to the game could set a precedent to combat unethical MT practices in the industry

Personally, I don't think microtransactions belong in a single-player game. Microtransactions are needed for F2P MMO CCG type games, just to cover server costs. That's fine. I'm pleased that in Gwent online, they are actually optional. The best way to support a publicly traded company is to buy...
  13. OldGrayBeard

The Witcher - Forgotten memories

@hiuuz : Thanks for that marvelous, moody video! Now I MUST play "the Witcher 1" again!(y)
  14. OldGrayBeard

Survey — Help Us Design an Official CD PROJEKT RED Store!

Done. I like sales, but I'm more interested in well designed, well made merchandise. Loyalty programs leave me cold. Games and related stuff is too far down on my survival list for that work for me. I thought the surprise freebie of the Witcher Video Game Concert was so very cool!
  15. OldGrayBeard

Witcher 3 destroyed my life

Well, I like "Divinity 2: The Director's Cut". Skyrim, Oblivion & Morrowind are still fun. If it's story depth and variety and you can stand the outdated graphics, take a look at Neverwinter Nights ... the official storyline is OK, but mods like "The Bastard of Kosigan", "A Dance With Rogues"...
Top Bottom