Recent content by Osidlus

+
  1. O

What is your biggest fear regarding CP2077

Pretty good eye kofeiiniturpa. Avalon Hill's very core definition of a game was SIMULATION. Imagine a game where success is always only up to GM opinion... how would it feel? I guess the need for objective evaluation engine (ruleset) is obvious. And for more complex modeling it will go to stats...
  2. O

What is your biggest fear regarding CP2077

Seems like we have more similar taste that I thought. I am an advocate PC skills defines to ° output because they represent value of desicions that I did, gives a unique flavour to actions and PC etc. But I hope nobody is considering something like artificial X level of guns and armor etc...
  3. O

Martial Arts in 2077.

it is hard to decide which martial art but for one I am sure: 1- street fighting- core inherited from prisons- including training methods with limited support, low levels exponents relying on a moment of surprise, stealth attacks, targeting limited but sensitive areas, utilizing environment...
  4. O

Weekly Poll 11/18/18 - Skills!

yeah why not, but for most of time I will stay with this guy> Julian Jackson: ".... I am really go out there and try my best... win, lose or draw - I am always the winner".
  5. O

Agree. If abstraction in the game went too low (everything done explicitly by a player) it would be a click-fest and why to build any character then? One of the RPG elements for me is "DESIGN of CHARACTER" - it is power gaming thing; where with first iteration character you study the...
  6. O

what could help to smooth output from rolls - especially at low skills rates would be suplementing skill roll with attribute roll as per something that Shadowrun II had as a skill tree, every knot apart from attribute meant increment in target number when you used attribute rate instead of...
  7. O

Cyberpunk Soundtrack

sorry, I must (tracks 1,6, 8 ;-)):
  8. O

Cyberpunk 2077 - Your Ideas For A Dream RPG

I would like to see permadeath- if damage and all the insurance process fails. But also inheritance system- where you can assign who will inherit your inhome and other properties. There may be other arrangements like having some transcendent characters atributes (like spirit) that could be...
  9. O

YOU as a Cyberpunk character! What would THAT look like?

From information I have gathered in 70s 80s kung fu was popular in USA. Seems like open schools were mostly present in west coast area SFO etc. And there I think it helds if not spreads. Later on Europeans got interested and in US was decline. Hard to judge how much is needed to carry the...
  10. O

Thanks for the replies. Those war sealed friendships must be something else, not that I like war. As for Hung Gar and me: I am from Czech Republic, had a couple years under Lam family lineage Sifus. Later on (as I moved because of job) I have been practicing basic drills, first foundation form...
  11. O

Hm, that's brother style of Hung Gar which I do. Was it taught under military training? These martial arts take quite more time (building elements are smaller and more mortar/work is needed) then for so called combat systems, so that is why I am curious.
  12. O

Cyberpunk 2077's "RPG" systems - how should they work?

I am not affraid of implementation some blend {player inputs} - {player character stats} evaluation engine. It can be something like if player while shooting clicks at a center of target he/she may get some discount on target modifier. And it may even grow up if is done two/three/four times in...
  13. O

Your Fears For the Game - Combined Thread

Thanks for your care, I will leave you with your extrapolation ... The setting is corporate heavy- just in different depths so I can't see that disruptive as you draw it. Game will need some sort continuous income and skins may not be enough so what are the other choices? fees...
  14. O

Cyberpunk Soundtrack

How about something heavier :-)
  15. O

Your Fears For the Game - Combined Thread

I think as an extra resource of income they may implement some soft advertising for real life companies. As an example there may be running news that in 'Tacoma' district of Nightcity the police forces acquired sponsorship say from Ruger. With impact that police will act more softly since more...
Top Bottom