Recent content by parasemic

+
  1. P

Missed the White Orchard Gwent quest. Am I now unable to get most cards?

Missed the White Orchard Gwent quest. Am I now unable to get most cards? I missed the NPC in White Orchard inn and I can't find a lot of the people who are supposed to play/sell cards.. Am I fucked over from playing Gwent this whole playthrough??
  2. P

Cd Project Red don't believe in boss fights. But both The Witcher 1 and 2 had boss fights?

Overall issue with TW2 was that the combat was bad and too easy when played "right" (Quen all day every day and roll away from danger). Played through dark with my left hand and only struggled in The Eternal Battle missions where you play as the soldier rather than Geralt. That part was a bit...
  3. P

The Witcher 3 - Visuals

Ehm. Namco Bandai is not the publisher, just a retail distributor. CDPR self publishes and distributes online, while NB distributed boxed copies for PAL and WB for NA.
  4. P

Are AMD users left high and dry?

Why exactly have you not overclocked the processor, as it could easily go 3,6 or more with proper cooling?
  5. P

The Witcher 3 - Visuals

As far as I can tell, majority of the Nvidia effects are seen in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALGJGDRnHT0 Just not as "in your face" as the tech demo video they showed, but that much was expected anyway. ---------- Updated at 04:35 PM ---------- Thanks, I haven't been following...
  6. P

The Witcher 3 - Visuals

Please use proper terms. Nobody has ever had "volumetric clouds" in a game, as it's impossible to render effectively with current hardware. Proper term is semi-volumetric clouds. Also semi-volumetric fog was never in, but aerial perspective fog was and from what I've seen still is. Which is an...
  7. P

The Witcher 3 - Visuals

Still, it's a big chunk if optimized right. Games seldom use more than 2-3GB or RAM for CPU cache, so they should still have 2-3GB free for GPU which is okay for 1080p. Source on PS4 operating system eating 3GB, as that sounds like a lot?
  8. P

The Witcher 3 - Visuals

I think the weather effects (fog, etc) are gonna dissapoint on PS4 as they're very likely PC only features being Nvidia tech. Also water tesselation may not be on the same level. Amount and quality of assets, and texture quality should be up to PC Ultra level, as PS4 does have a huge VRAM pool...
  9. P

The Witcher 3 - Visuals

Sure you can have all objects cast a shadow, it just requires horsepower. AFAIK there isn't any middleware to stop them from giving option to have signs etc cast shadows even if it was very taxing in performance. Dissapointing
  10. P

The Witcher 3 - Visuals

Shadows? It seems like there's a disturbing lack of shadows indoor, or from non-sun sources of light. For example, this image has obviously zero shadows drawn and it looks like an indoors environment...
  11. P

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Retail PC Version FAQ

Why would anyone even buy a GOG.com backup copy code? That makes no sense. Unless you're literally buying yourself better feeling about yourself. Pirating the game, as it's without DRM is effectively exactly the same thing. You just get better download speed via torrent (:D). I fail to...
Top Bottom