Recent content by PepeSmug

+
  1. PepeSmug

The 2 things that this game needs most

I agree. There are all sorts of QoL features that would be nice, but that is secondary to the open world aspect of the game actually having content, especially after the prepopulated stuff has been cleared. However it's done, the map needs to be filled out. There are huge swaths of playable...
  2. PepeSmug

CDPR Just Hired MODDERS to Help Fix Cyberpunk 2077 & Add Mod Support

Suggesting that modders have been hired to "fix the game" is almost certainly an overstatement. It remains to be seen what actually comes of this, if anything.
  3. PepeSmug

Lets appreciate the star of the show

I don't see how that is different than radiant quests or just assigning a random shard to each encounter. One thing's for sure, calling it "hand crafted" is laughable. No. I've uninstalled the game and I haven't played in months. I do recall the organized crime locations being repopulated...
  4. PepeSmug

Cyberpunk is ahead of its time. It needed technologies like direct storage and the kind of advancements in progress with UE5. CDPR trying to roll their own engine, probably on decade-old tech, was doomed to fail. Sadly, missing the point. I'm arguing here that less IS more. CDPR should have...
  5. PepeSmug

Did you miss the part where I pointed out how much exploration I had done? I am aware. Some dispatches are more elaborate and had more effort put into them. However, many don't. A group of generic thugs standing around a backpack with a shard in it that you kill in 5 seconds is no different than...
  6. PepeSmug

Then you must find the game as it is to be boring filler. The majority of the open-world content is no different from "random" encounters, except they're hard-coded to the same location and never change. Adding random encounters on top of that would only provide more opportunities for combat and...
  7. PepeSmug

Not talking about mini games. I'm talking about actual open world content like dungeons, random encounters, radiant events, side quests. I've said it a hundred times and I'll say it again, the open world "content" in cyberpunk is 90% filler. Kill random enemies standing around outside and then...
  8. PepeSmug

I already feel confined by the lack of content in the open world. More space doesn't equal more better.
  9. PepeSmug

That's the thing, though. There aren't a lot of "gems," especially relative to the amount of content in the game, or the game world. Just because the game world isn't open doesn't mean it needs to be "small." But greater density would certainly help the lack of dynamism and interaction...
  10. PepeSmug

What are you able to do in Cyberpunk that you couldn't do if it wasn't fully open world? Just saying "its boring" is really side-stepping the issue.
  11. PepeSmug

It doesn't need to be a corridor. It is actually possible to have nuance and middle ground here. Not everything is a dichotomy between vast open world and corridor shooter.
  12. PepeSmug

I walked or drove to every gig and drove when visiting vendors. I spent a lot of time wandering around, looking for NCPD dispatches or just interesting encounters in the open world (one of my favorite things to do in open world games). I fast traveled maybe half a dozen times in over 150 hours...
  13. PepeSmug

Uggh. So this is improved? [NPC Clones]

Okay, but your personal experience doesn't magically equate with the engine being robust or finished. If the engine doesn't function properly in certain situations or environments, it is not robust. I am going to repeat this point several times because it is fundamental to the argument. What...
  14. PepeSmug

Uggh. So this is improved? [NPC Clones]

According to whom? I seem to recall some fixes in the patch notes for 1.2 indicating that the engine was anything but "very robust." As for "finished," I would be extremely surprised if the engine met the internal definition of done, given how much last-gen was struggling with the game, and how...
  15. PepeSmug

Delete this thread

The difference is that I've supported my opinion with evidence and examples. That's the difference between simply stating your personal preference and making an argument. I actually love character creation, roleplaying, and open world games. So if you want to talk about my personal preferences...
Top Bottom