Recent content by petr_klokan

+
  1. petr_klokan

[UPDATE] Important announcement about the future of GWENT on consoles

I took a break from Gwent for a couple of months. It was getting very stale and boring (all the issues many people debate here). I am an old-time Beta player and have been trying to embrace HC since the beginning. It’s been a bit of roller coaster. Now I discovered the ride is over for console...
  2. petr_klokan

What game are you currently playing

Destiny 2: New Light (free on PS4). I was a keen Destiny 1 player. I have never liked/played FPS except this one. The Destiny 1 demo was a huge, positive surprise. I just wanted to see how ‘modern’ high-end games look like. I did most of gaming in times of Civilisation, Eye of the Beholder...
  3. petr_klokan

Shupe Challenge is here!

Yesterday I went ‘unranked’ to test a deck and my opponent on blue coin opened with Shupe knight. Who came up with this challenge and who signed off on this?
  4. petr_klokan

Nilfgaard Sweers vs units with armor

Thank you for the account of historical events. It doesn’t answer my question: how is a neutral card with one faction flavour justified today? Why isn’t Marching Orders a Warfare, for example? Why should it have any faction specific tag at all?
  5. petr_klokan

Shupe Challenge is here!

Does anyone know what the rules of the challenge actually are? Or is it part of the challenge to figure it out? Why not call it Shupe’s mysterious challenge?
  6. petr_klokan

Why does Royal Decree have ‘Tactic’ tag? Is that fair?
  7. petr_klokan

And why And why exactly are the faction cards supposed to be ‘a bit stronger’ than neutral cards? I think there should be balance and faction identity. A good example is Royal Decree and Call of the Forest. Both are 10p, both tutor a unit. COTF tutors only ST units but gives +1 and has...
  8. petr_klokan

I am an old time Beta player, who embraced HC but would like to see a bit more sense and balance in some game mechanics as well as less RNG cards. I am not after “cheap wins”. I have a decent card collection and have played NG frequently (not always). Regarding Nozzle you don’t have enough...
  9. petr_klokan

RNG ruins the game.

My bad. Apologies and thank you!
  10. petr_klokan

RNG ruins the game.

This looks reasonable. I haven’t done probabilities of random draws for a long time but I refreshed my memory and assuming only 9 unique units the probability is 1/9+1/8+1/7 = 38% on a single Bribery and 0.38x0.38=14% drawing the same card on two consecutive Briberies. With 16 unique units it’s...
  11. petr_klokan

RNG ruins the game.

The more I think about it the numbers aren’t right. The calculation depends on how many unique unit cards are in your deck, which only you can know and it’s most probably more than 4.
  12. petr_klokan

RNG ruins the game.

I don’t know how you calculated the probabilities but assuming you are right it only shows how bad Bribery is.
  13. petr_klokan

The problem with Sweers and size in general is that it does not lock the sized unit (ie gets the benefits of the engine = extra points) Consider Nozzle a strong, competitive level gold: Size [5] & lock for 12p and compare with Sweers, Philippa or Enslave leader ability. Makes no sense to me...
  14. petr_klokan

Season of Mahakam is here!

Hardly any balancing. What does that mean? Developers either think the game is reasonably balanced or preparing yet another major rework? For me it means an occasional Arena run. I can’t be bothered to play the stale, repetitive ranked and don’t even get me started on Seasonal. I just wish...
  15. petr_klokan

Something needs to be done in regards to bribery

I attempted some rough calculations earlier in this thread but made a few errors. Bribery creates units. There are 13-25 units in a deck (probably with some duplicates). Units generally range 4-14 provision. Average is 9 provisions. This will be different for different decks, though. Bribery...
Top Bottom