Recent content by Pocho_Azul

+
  1. Pocho_Azul

Is Count Caldwell Broken?

I am not sure which card (or ability) ines is, is that an acronym for a longer name? I played Caldwell, once, before I fully comprehended how he operated. You can imagine the rest.
  2. Pocho_Azul

Card Ideas

Also like Hanged Jack, seems like considerable potential to be OP, so might need a lot of tweaking after testing, cool idea for a mechanic though. My humble contribution:
  3. Pocho_Azul

MUST HAVE faster animations for 8 seconds turn!

I agree, certain leader and card animations are problematic. Realistically, I don't expect that the developers are likely to tweak the game to change this, just to suit players that want to use abilities with lengthy animations attached to them. If they could, however, rather than shortening...
  4. Pocho_Azul

Favorite female characters in games?

Xana from Dark Messiah. It isn't just her looks (or the fact that some of her character models are semi- nude, I swear), it's her give-no-fooks attitude and edgy sense of humor. Plus she is pretty understanding, helpful and loyal, and will only try to kill you in self-defense. By contrast, her...
  5. Pocho_Azul

No point in playing arena unless you have at least 15 gold cards

I like Arena, even though I don't usually do that well. I mainly look on Arena as a "just for fun" format that helps me learn about cards I may not own, or even see very often in opponent's decks. I don't really expect it to be fair. I just hope that, once in a while, it will be unfair in my favor.
  6. Pocho_Azul

Welcome Thread [Archive]

I am several weeks (months?) late posting here. I am from the USA, currently New York City, but moving away as "Hitting the heart of it in Old New York", as Frank would sing, is just not happening during the pandemic. I am fond of a lot of Science Fiction and Fantasy books and games...
  7. Pocho_Azul

To fully use up available provisions or not?

If your deck is right and tight, the extra provisions don't matter. replacing a 5 (for example) with an 8 that doesn't work as well, just because the number is higher is not helping your deck. I have had difficulty topping off Skellige devotion decks as I am missing a lot of the high provision...
  8. Pocho_Azul

Seasonal is unplayable in cellphone

I can see your problem. I played a couple rounds on a PC when my internet connection was glitching a bit. At one point, after latency made me fail to even play a card, it took me a couple of tries to even forfeit a now hopelessly botched match. Latency issues like that on a hardline are pretty...
  9. Pocho_Azul

Why the person above you should be banned

^Banned de Soleil, for the San Trope tan
  10. Pocho_Azul

Do you (still) care for cosmetics?

The cosmetics are mildly entertaining, but I would never pay for them--initially voted "I care little" but switched to "ones I like and are free", after a movement's reflection. I guess I consider them a minor, but positive addition to the overall aesthetic of the game.
  11. Pocho_Azul

Thesis survey (game-induced travel)

Sorry I missed the survey. I was very curious to see what the questions were. Anecdotally, I made some side trips while visiting Japan to take photographs of some WWII-era military equipment at a couple of museums as visual research for a WWII game mod I was a part of at the time. This was...
  12. Pocho_Azul

Introducing The Game In The Most Basic Ways

Nice videos, I am sure I will find the answer to some of my current noobish questions after watching some more.
  13. Pocho_Azul

Why do people forfeit before the game has even started?

I have been tempted to forfeit when I accidentally started with the wrong deck--a weak experimental deck, or one that is totally inappropriate for the seasonal rules (mostly I play seasonal matches, at the moment). That said, I (so far) have always played for a while, just to see what happens...
Top Bottom