Recent content by Puhctek

+
  1. Puhctek

Did the game change?

Doubt we'll ever get an "official" story as to why the game they're discussing in the interview appears to differ so much from the one we got. My impression is CDPR had completed most of Act 1 with the branching story and quests by 2018 and were intending the rest of the game to be similar. This...
  2. Puhctek

[Spoiler] So what motivated this entire chain of events?

The Voodoo boys believe the Blackwall will inevitably fall to the AIs outside, bringing about some sort of collapse. They were hoping to ask Alt for help. I think they wanted to "go with" her across the wall, but I'm not completely sure.
  3. Puhctek

Ludonarrative dissonance

Only Watson is open early on. The rest of the world is closed off until The Heist mission is complete. So less than a fifth of the gigs and activities can be done before V starts dying.
  4. Puhctek

Ludonarrative dissonance

This dissonance exists to some degree in most open world games. However, Cyberpunk 2077 does a few things that worsen it: Gives a deadline to complete the main quest before the entire world opens up. Vic initially says you have a matter of weeks. It's trivial to skip ahead a month and see that...
  5. Puhctek

The three "card" stats

The cards seem entirely tied to your progress through the main story line. I ran around for in-game weeks completing all the open world content and the Race Against Time card didn't budge.
  6. Puhctek

Ludonarrative dissonance

I've found the open world much more enjoyable to explore if I just pretend Vic doesn't know what he's talking about, and V isn't imminently dying. Currently, the characters tell V she is certain to die, but the game tells the player you're on a quest for survival. Maybe, if the player was told...
  7. Puhctek

[Spoiler Alert] About the endings

Going into the final mission, I was certain there would be some sort of ominous consequences for letting Alt into Mikoshi. She was just so spooky. But does it even come up in any of the epilogues?
  8. Puhctek

The Nomad ending is clearly presented as optimistic by the game, but it rang hollow to me for a few reasons: I never related to the nomads. Sure, Panam is great, but I didn't care about the rest of them. Also, desert camping sucks, would much rather live in a dangerous city. The salt flats star...
  9. Puhctek

Thoughts about my sadness and disappoitment with the quality of this story that I am taking too personally

Especially when you can't complete the side missions after the main story.
  10. Puhctek

About the Police and Wanted level

Typically you can just run away from the police and they'll forget about you after a few minutes. If they're all attacking on sight, that might be a bug.
  11. Puhctek

My favorite part of this thread is that we've had the same debate about if Engram V is Original V or Copy V four or five times now. The same points on either side just keep getting brought up. Think that proves it's a really interesting topic that deserved more exploration.
  12. Puhctek

Haha, there's a reason this thread has 3000+ posts :giveup:
  13. Puhctek

Iconic items should NOT be dismantlable.

There's a confirmation prompt before you sell an iconic item. No clue why there isn't also one before dismantling.
  14. Puhctek

A game about defining your character through death could certainly work. Cyberpunk isn't that game. V's struggle from Act 2 on (where most players will spend a majority of their time) is clearly about trying to survive, not make the most out of his time left. If the game wanted to make a...
  15. Puhctek

Same to you. I'm good now. Currently my biggest problem is that I didn't like the ending to a video game.
Top Bottom