Recent content by saadishsnake

+
  1. S

CD Projekt RED's CEO speaks about DRM

Or better yet, no one buys the GoG version, retail version, Steam version or whatever. Let the game become a commercial flop so CD Projekt gets the message.
  2. S

Drm in thr retail-version

You know what really confuses me, is that there are people on the forum defending this practice. Me, personally, I'm trying to figure out how many pirates have been stopped by this kind of DRM.
  3. S

How come when consumers choose to express their rights as consumers by not buying a product, there are people who have a problem with it?If enough people don't buy The Witcher 2, CD Projekt will be "calling the whaaambulance" when they lose money on this game instead of profiting from it.So you...
  4. S

Someone pre-ordered the retail copy for me as birthday gift, so I guess I'm "forced" to own this game. Sure, I can tell him to cancel the pre-order, but that seems a little messed up.In any case, if I could I wouldn't own this game in any format. Yes, I know the gog.com version is DRM free, but...
  5. S

Drm in thr retail-version

Someone pre-ordered this game for me as a birthday gift, which I thought was awesome...until I just read about the 5-activation limit.I hate to tell CDProjekt this, but activation limits do nothing to prevent piracy. In fact it ends up hurting legitimate customers. Yes, I know the gog.com...
  6. S

The Witcher 2 to use "'always online DRM"?

Thanks for posting that Seeker. I would of had a fit if my most anticipated game is going to have this DRM nonsense.
  7. S

The Witcher 2 to use "'always online DRM"?

If this online DRM is real, I will not be buying the game.Yes, I know it can easily be cracked, but that's besides the point. I am not going to send the message that I'm okay with paying for online DRM.
  8. S

If this game has DLC, pre-order bonuses or "exclusive content" I will not buy it

No, I don't read the posts at all, I reply to the voices in my head...HERP DERP!Is that what you want me to say? You feel like you're "going in circles" because I'm not agreeing with you and we're on the Internet where nobody ever agrees with anyone else. I've been repeating stuff in this thread...
  9. S

If this game has DLC, pre-order bonuses or "exclusive content" I will not buy it

No, I'm pretty sure the price dropped occurred after HD-DVD "lost" the "format war." And Blu-Ray will go down in price just like how DVD went down in price when it was first released on the market.As for what you're saying about consoles -- PC gaming doesn't exist in a vacuum. The price they're...
  10. S

When Blu-Rays first came out they were $30-$35, now they're about $25, how do you explain that? Is the movie industry following its own imaginary rules of economics? No, it's more likely that as Blu-Rays are getting more popular, they can afford to lower the prices. If movie productions are...
  11. S

1 and 2) Why is the car radio standard if it doesn't impact your ability to drive the car? Being able to listen to music while you drive the car doesn't make it run more efficiently. However, if you listen to traffic reports, the car radio is needed. But what if car companies said this, "We want...
  12. S

By "remove content" I mean they take it out of the game and sell it afterwards. Umm, compare the increase in game cost to the price of a DVD, although this may not be a good comparison if you don't live in the US. However, for those of use who live in the US I can say this: Last generation games...
  13. S

My beef with pre-order bonuses is that the developers are intentionally taking stuff out of the game in the hope of getting more sales. Yes, usually it's something as mundane as a weapon/costume, but it's still a sleazy practice. Also, notice pre-order bonuses are store-related. For a lot of...
  14. S

$DLC versus an Expansion Pack$DLC: Horse armor, costume packs, stuff already on the disk, cheat codes, hard mode (both cheat codes and hard mode are $DLC in Megaman 9), stuff that comes out recently after the game comes out is what I consider $DLC. It's obvious that developer intentionally left...
  15. S

If this game has DLC, pre-order bonuses or "exclusive content" I will not buy it I'm just going to state this right now because I'm getting sick of this practice in the industry.I recently found out another game I'm interested in, Mafia 2, has Downloadable Content. That game came out...
Top Bottom