Recent content by Sargarth

+
  1. S

Is deck building with Nilfgaard difficult for anybody else?

Yeah, it's been bothering me several months already. NG cant have any midrange value deck as there are no good value bronzes that work well on their own, compared to what bronzes ST has (ST Shupe deck being so competetive proves that). NG is forced into archetypes way more than any other faction...
  2. S

Cards and Combos that Might be(come) too Strong

Imho the scariest card of the new set atm is Winch even though it doesnt feel like it has crazy effect, but when combined with Henselt and Nenneke it might be very problematic. NR has a very small pool of machines (7 atm if remember correctly, will get bigger with update, not not more than 9 i...
  3. S

Should Iris be a Gold card?

No. It's a card that requires synergies to work, it's a negative tempo play if you dont kill it instantly, if it's not insta killed it can be locked/banished/whatever. For the risk of playing it it's a very balanced card. Also it can remove value from your own removal as let's say you have unit...
  4. S

Succubus needs to be buffed

Maybe you didnt really get it yet, but succubus got a casual +9 buff. It's effect can now target gold units and if this card is very hard to remove it will just become oppressive. Changing the counter to 1 is a big no-no as in this case succubus can be played as a last card for a 30+ points...
  5. S

Xarthisius' Ability to Reveal a Whole Deck

This card is far from OP and wont see any competetive play at all. Here's why: this card only provides value when played in round 1 as the information and draw disruption from this card only gives you high enough value when opponent still has 3 draws and 2 mulligans left. When played round 2...
  6. S

In the example you provided: you see 2 crones in his deck. Can you do anything to stop him from playing 20 points from his crone in hand? No. If he doesnt have a single crone in hand, yet 2 of them are near the top of the deck. Can you stop opponent from drawing crones? No. The problem of this...
  7. S

I think people are really overreacting about this card. It has the same problem as the whole reveal archetype: information is worthless. Lets say you're playing spies NG and you see your opponent deck doesnt have igni, so you assume he has it in hand. Can you play around it? No, his igni will...
  8. S

What happened with Nilfgaard and how it can be fixed?

Imo the only reason NG isnt competetive atm is complete lack of good carryover mechanics, like harpies, E.Elementals, Morkvarg, Olgierd etc. Yeah, we have combat engineer, but it's too low tempo, too commital and too disruptible to be competetive. I've had some ideas of tweaking NG cards to have...
  9. S

What You Would Like to See on the Next Hotfix/Update

I'd love to see competetive NG decks. Dont get me wrong, Ciri:dash, reveal and spies are not bad decks even now, they are viable, but they arent competetive enough to fight against ridiculous monster swarm decks with either triss:butt or BTM completely annihilating everything NG is trying to...
  10. S

John Calveit/Cahir nerf is terrible!

With Crach you 100% know whayt you're pulling. With Brouver you 100% know what card you want to play. With Eithne you 100% know what spell you will replay. Calveit is a diceroll as he shows you only 3 cards out of however many cards you have left in deck. So now Calveit is glorified Last wish...
  11. S

Make Weather Tick at the End of the Turn

I agree that weather should hit at the end of the turn. In the old days of CB rot tossers were different: the cow carcass triggered at the start of the turn instead of turn end, meaning that NG player had the last say before the trigger, what usually led up to lining up a lot of units for the...
  12. S

Auckes Change

However, please dont forget that all the locking units you just described arent part of any specific archetype. Margarita reset doesnt belong in any NR archetype and Fiend doesnt support any Monsters archetype. Making Auckes reveal dependent would make it the worst locking unit as he'd be very...
  13. S

Stop abusing Nilfgaard till further nerfs.

What you came up against is probably a mill variant of NG deck. This kind of deck isnt competetive and very easy to play around: if you think he's milling you -> dont help him. Just stop thinning your own deck. NG cant mill all 15 cards out of you, max 6-7 cards at best. If you have that many...
  14. S

Stop abusing Nilfgaard till further nerfs.

Wild hunt monsters destroy NG spies. Lacerate achieves massive value against NG. ST Saskia+Roach+dorfs achives ridiculous tempo with carryover. SK with carryover of wolf and olgierd and 20+ str hunters in GY. If you have problems with rot tossers the best tech against it is bloodcurdling roar ->...
  15. S

Some feedback?

Rot tossers are the best NG cards imo. They have huge synergy with Impera brigades, who are a very good card just with emissaries and dealing with cow carcass usually requires sub-optimal plays. It's like RNR of bronze cards. You can get rid of it, but lose value due to playing not what you want...
Top Bottom