Recent content by scraverX

+
  1. scraverX

Cyberpunk 2077 Discord Server - A Nice Place To Chat.

Why was your experience negative?
  2. scraverX

The graphics

Here's a factor I suspect people aren't considering with that scene/frame in which a few people have claimed 'no shadows' It is under a bridge/over pass. The whole thing is in shadow, in which case there are just no deeper shadows - and that could be for a number of reasons.
  3. scraverX

NetRunning was a big let down.

Holding a button for a second is only part of the story though. Even then some of that hold a button for a second is dependant on you setting up the right things first.
  4. scraverX

To be more precise it's in the wake of the 4th Corporate war. Cyberspace is a mess it's there but it's overrun by AI and locked behind the black wall. The corps don't want the AI's messing with their stuff, normal people don't want the AI's messing with their stuff (With some notable exceptions...
  5. scraverX

This, So much this. I am also reminded of an analogy from the earlier days of computing - by which I mean pre-internet as we know it, which links very nicely into Cyberpunk. "It's very hard to beat the bandwidth of a station wagon loaded with magnetic tape, driving at highway speeds" -- It is...
  6. scraverX

FPP only cutscenes might be a deal-breaker for me

Immersion isn't the best word. I'll avoid using it if I can. Changes in perspective can be jarring and or break the visual flow. Watch a movie. They use changes in camera angle to visually guide the viewer and for the most part you are viewing the narrative from a 'third perspective'. It is...
  7. scraverX

The graphics

Failed. Everyone is so critical try it for yourself, maybe. :)
  8. scraverX

Who are you gonna roleplay as in Cyberpunk?

If I was going to try something 'cross genre' as you suggest, probably John Wick.
  9. scraverX

What is your biggest fear regarding CP2077

CoC, done well by a competent GM doesn't need any combat. Or at least it becomes a much lower priority after figuring things out and wondering just how much Sanity your character is going to lose.
  10. scraverX

Cybercop 2077: Police related side content - thoughts and discussions

Cop background is slightly different to playing as a Cop. I get the reasoning behind a cop background but question the playing a cop, though part of that could stem from having encountered people in PnP games playing goody two shoes. Eg: Paladins in 2nd or 3rd ed. DnD.
  11. scraverX

Cybercop 2077: Police related side content - thoughts and discussions

On the occasions I've played the Cyberpunk PnP (or genre adjacent games) I was never tempted to play police or law enforcement of any ilk. I do get that some people might want to play that angle, however, so you can draw from that what you will in terms of what my response was.
  12. scraverX

Weekly Poll 7/8/19 - Which V Are You Gonna Be?

2 and 5 because I almost always play Male. Male is what works for me.
  13. scraverX

Cheapest GPU for 60fps with Ray Tracing?

My Monitor is 3440x1440 so, yeah even if I had a 2080Ti I wouldn't be running with RTX on even if 2077 can do 1080p 60fps with it on. :) As others have suggested. Now is the time to wait; get the game, play it a bit or wait for reviews and then decide if you need the RTX - it's what I'll be doing.
  14. scraverX

Bossbattle Variety

My read on that scenario is much the same.
  15. scraverX

Bossbattle Variety

Something that I've picked up from this thread, and I'll try to put this as not critically as possible, but the "boss fight" as a speed bump could only seem that way in the context of the demo I've heard described from this year was done as a series vignettes. The fight with Sasquatch is a...
Top Bottom