Recent content by scrobes

+
  1. S

Bug in ACT II with Raymond - Unable to continue game

I'm afraid I don't know how to help with the CD thing. I've never had that, but all I can think is (I know this is a pain), maybe reinstalling the game again? As for the quest problem, are you able to go back to an older save perhaps?One person above suggested it, but having TWO slots for save...
  2. S

Bug in ACT II with Raymond - Unable to continue game

Hello, I play on Win XP SP2, TW:EE, and I had this same problem with Raymond. He talks about the 200 orens, and I think Geralt says "This investigation's getting expensive" and then, the only options you have are "1. Farewell", and the option to Sleep at Raymond's. There isn't a second option to...
  3. S

Block, Parry, Dodge and the like

The double tapping to physically maneuver Geralt, I would equate to active dodging. The dodging text that you see above Geralt's head (your talents that give +% dodge) is all passive, and happens behind the scenes as ST_GHOST explained (same with parry). Note also that fast silver sword style...
  4. S

[EPILOGUE] Question - spoiler

A couple of thoughts about the ending movie.First is that, whoever this person is, what are their reasons for trying to kill King Foltest? What's their motive? Of course there could be dozens of reasons when you're talking about a *King*, but it would have to be related to our game/story, or it...
  5. S

[GENERAL] Most satisfactory Witcher moments

Last night was an eye opener, while protecting Shani from the guys assaulting the Hospital in Act 5.... I knocked one down with Aard I think, actually it was the last guy. And she knelt down and stabbed him with her dagger, and killed him outright.I stood gawping for a few seconds. (because I...
  6. S

[Act IV] Berengar will pay -- if I can figure out how to do it...

I've come to this thread a bit late, but were you guys still trying to figure out anything with these bits in Act IV? I just completed Act IV last night. I killed Dagon quite a few days ago and it seems mostly unrelated to other parts. Before I killed Dagon I believe I was still "looking for...
  7. S

Talents - info, recommended [SPOILERS POSSIBLE]

Hehe, well, next time through I'll definitely try a higher Ignii for sure. I guess I just like the stalwart offensive feel of Quen/Yrden, rather than out and out damage (Ignii, perhaps). I'm sure Axii can be fun too, but I haven't looked it into yet.And if I'm honest, most of my enthusiasm for...
  8. S

[GENERAL] Romance between Geralt and Shani

You're welcome. I know how much I'd like to read them (after playing the game), and it being frustrating if they weren't available.Sadly, I'm about 5 pages from the end of it now, so I don't know what I'll do with myself. Maybe I'll go back to Wheel of Time.. *cough*
  9. S

I never meant to imply anything either. I was just offering what I had discovered about difficult to interpret talent info, with a touch of enthusiasm about Quen and Yrden. ;)
  10. S

I'd honestly send you a copy from Britain, if you really wanted. No problem with me. I'm reading this one now, after the Last Wish. :)
  11. S

I don't know about Ignii really. I haven't put any points into it past lvl 2 (same for Aard - I haven't put any into Axii). But following on from what has been said, I do find that some of the talents can be a little misleading at times!For example, with the Quen power-up, I had NO IDEA...
  12. S

This is a completely pointless and not very useful thing to share, but I just wanted to mention it. I love how with level 5 group style Silver, Geralt will use the sub-slot weapon on his leg in the sequence - if he has one. He's moving so fast, it's almost a blur, making it difficult to see, and...
  13. S

If you read the Sapkowski novel "Blood of Elves", you'll learn a bit more about Shani and Geralt.. (well, a lot more about everyone, but that's a given).
  14. S

[ACT III] The Kikimore queen and her cave

Just wanted to add my experience. I'm pretty sure I killed her using basically lvl 4 Yrden. I never really touched her with my sword. After clearing enough of the swarm to run around a bit, I was able to lay down a trap here and there while using Quen for breathing room. I never knocked down any...
  15. S

Will I enjoy The Witcher?

Can you elaborate on what you mean by gameplay in chapters 3 and 5? Not sure I understood. What didn't you like specifically?
Top Bottom