Recent content by scyld

+
  1. S

Cast Signs and Set Traps without Drawing Weapon!

Honestly, it sounds to me more like they need to tone down the special effects of the special armor+weapon sets, rather than allow for casting of signs, bombs, and traps without weapons drawn. Drawing a weapon more than just readies the weapon: it also puts the player in combat mode. Also, I...
  2. S

WHEN are you going to fix POTIONS?

Well... of course the point of the potion change was to prevent endless potion chugging, not to make it easier for the player. And frankly, this was a valid criticism. But as you said, it's impossible to predict at times what potions are needed in TW2. So that's why I think it's important to...
  3. S

New Video: Dev Diary #1 – The most complex and nonlinear story ever told on Xbox 360

So are you going to bother at all addressing the major imbalance in the game that ruins Dark mode in Act II? If you DON'T address this before the console release, I'll be amazed that such a fault would be allowed to go through release to the console versions.
  4. S

What CDP can learn from Bethesda/Skyrim

Okay, so you would've liked The Witcher 2 to have larger areas and more side quests. But that's different from saying The Witcher games should be "open-world." You're talking about a difference in degrees here, while "open-world" is a completely different game model than used in The Witcher...
  5. S

"The Eternal Battle" Dark Mode

Hm. I might just load an early save, before I turned in the Rotfiend contract or maybe earlier, and put two points in Position. Like I said, I have no points in any Swordsmanship talents... If that's what the game is forcing me to do, then I guess that's what I'll do :p Also, you recommend...
  6. S

New video material – Kingslayer

Nice, but... it's a little too plot-spoilery, I feel :p
  7. S

What CDP can learn from Bethesda/Skyrim

The Witcher CANNOT be open world. It is a plot-driven, story-driven series. And there is a lot to be said for non-open-world games. The more dramatic plot arcs of Skyrim fell flat in large part because of it open world nature. It's impossible to sustain a long suspenseful story in such a game...
  8. S

That I agree with, and I do not want to see Dark mode being made easier. I like the challenge, and I like the punishment. I like having to redo a battle over and over again until I learn how not to get hit, and I like having a lot of close calls. I like having to rely on all of The Witcher's...
  9. S

But What IS an RPG ?

I understand this. Still, I feel that even if you can only play one character in an RPG, it's still if you're able to determine which path that character takes in the story. The player can choose ultimately the path that Geralt takes. There is no single way the story HAS to progress.
  10. S

Fighting the Kayran: Stuck in a video loop

Yeah, it sounds like either the quicktime event key press prompts aren't appearing, or you're overlooking them. If you don't press the keys as they appear in time, you have to keep redoing this until you do. Have you seen any QTE key press prompts?
  11. S

(SPOILERS) is the White Wolf the greatest witcher/ 3 questions

Well... whether or not Geralt is, in any sense, the greatest Witcher... One thing I like about the world of The Witcher is that Geralt is not at its center. Though he plays a role in many important events, he's not the most important person in the world, and he can observe the greater goings on...
  12. S

The Witcher 1 vs The Witcher 2.. Which one do you prefer?

Well, here are my opinions of the games: Both have strong, engrossing story-telling elements. Both have a viscerality of combat that makes it exciting and fun. As far as gameplay... TW1: Erred on the side of easiness. Much of the game felt a little too easy, thanks I think in large part to...
  13. S

Fast Travel? Town Portal? Teleportation Stones?

There's no need for teleportation in TW2. In fact, I think this is one of the improvements, designing the world such that teleportation is unnecessary and thus not in game. I feel rewarded in many ways for walking from place to place and stumbling upon, say, side quest objectives or little...
  14. S

WHEN are you going to fix POTIONS?

I apologize for not being clear in the beginning of this thread about WHAT part of the game I was referring to. ***MAJOR ACT II*** SPOILER IN SPOILER TAGS BELOW At any rate, I think what should've been done is to let Geralt drink potions at any time, but then make toxin levels return to 0...
  15. S

I WASN'T REFERRING TO THIS BATTLE AT ALL IN THAT POST. I was referring to the beginning of Act II Roche's side, when playing AS GERALT, fighting off the wraiths with Sila, Dethmold, Henselt, and Roche. There was NO opportunity to Meditate prior to this battle. However, that wasn't nearly as...
Top Bottom