Recent content by seekerpat

+
  1. S

Movies / TV Shows!

Recently got hooked on Chuck via Netflix. Its pretty lightweight sure, but its also well written, funny, romantic and the cast have some great chemistry. If you want a nice break from dark, grit or realistic I recommend it.
  2. S

Playing other games

Agreed! The EXALT missions add some much needed depth to the game and are a nice break from shooting aliens, Did you know you recover their weapons? They have the same stats as XCOM ones just different (and cooler looking IMO) skins. They'll show up when you go to equip the squad. MECS are fun...
  3. S

Playing other games

XCOM: Enemy Within and AC-Black Flag. Really enjoying what Firaxis did, the new material changes the game radically but in a good way. My tactics are more risk taking and aggressive now. The new technologies make that approach a little more viable. Plus there's dozens of new maps and the...
  4. S

Now reading [books]

Am alternating between "Sorrows of Empire" by Chalmers Johnson and "The Lies of Locke Lamora" by Scott Lynch. Sorrows is a good book, well researched and he avoids descending into a rant, but I have to put it down sometimes-I get too angry, frustrated and sad. So some fantasy action is just the...
  5. S

Movies / TV Shows!

This is headed to theaters in Jan...it looks like kinda foolish, but if was a video game I'd probably play it
  6. S

Movies / TV Shows!

Thumbs up for Longmire, not as good as Justified but still pretty entertaining...and Katee Sackoff is always a plus. The books are worth reading if you can get a hold of them, there's nine so far. Crime fiction is one of my guilty pleasures This Breaking Bad comedy skit is worth watching just...
  7. S

Movies / TV Shows!

Remember "The High Chaparral' ? Great show, I have fond memories of watching it with my Dad and eating rocky road ice cream(his favorite). The Cannons were much cooler than the Cartwrights, IMO. Mom wouldn't let me watch "Gunsmoke", it was on too late and explaining Miss Kitty's profession...
  8. S

Playing other games

The Zodiac Tournament DLC is fun, its basically "Enter the Dragon"...except with Wei not Bruce Lee Nightmare in Northpoint was short but the Taoist supernatural creatures were interesting. Year of the Snake was the best IMO, it picks up after the main story. Currently having a blast with...
  9. S

Movies / TV Shows!

And lets not forget Lydia, she could still be a wildcard in the story. Her involvement with the hit on Declan shows she's driven, ambitious and not above resorting to violence. Also the drop in quality of the product is really upsetting her (but most everything upsets her) . Given her brittle...
  10. S

New demo vid of The Banner Saga from PAX

New demo vid of The Banner Saga from PAX Saw this on YouTube over the weekend: Looks like the game is shaping up nicely. Love the art style, reminds of animated films. Plus it has turn based combat and a choice system that will have real effects in-game. The lack of voice overs isn't a...
  11. S

Now reading [books]

Just started "The Crown Tower" by Michael J. Sullivan, it's a prequel to the Riyria Revelations books. I really like this author. The books are pretty standard fantasy; the heroes are heroic, the villains are villainous, no moral complexity or grimdark stuff here. But as a writer, he knows his...
  12. S

One of the most passionate Witcher 2 reviews I've seen

Agreed, and you know what that means? More people will become Witcher fans, more people will add to the discussions here, CD Projekt will make more money allowing them to make more games for all of us to enjoy. Everybody wins
  13. S

Playing other games

Ever hear of Precursors? Its a Russian open world/sandbox FPS/RPG hybrid...with some space fighter sim elements thrown in. Sounds like a hot mess but its actually pretty good. PC only. Be sure and apply ALL of the official and unofficial patches though, especially the one from Wesp-he also...
  14. S

One of the most passionate Witcher 2 reviews I've seen

One of the most passionate Witcher 2 reviews I've seen I think she really likes the game: She also did a couple of "prep" videos by reading from the books...anyone who reads The Last Wish on YouTube deserves a thumbs up, IMO:
  15. S

New book out about the history & culture of D&D

New book out about the history & culture of D&D One of the editors at Forbes (which, surprisingly, does some very good games journalism) has a new book about D&D. Sounds like an interesting read. The influence of D&D on gaming has been profound. As we all know, some of the best CRPG's...
Top Bottom