Recent content by sharpappple

+
  1. S

What is your take on the gaming industry?

quickish take on games: There is no safe place from commodification and the profit motive, especially for a massive industry like the games industry. commodification and the profit motive are realities of life in our market society and even the attempts to escape the model of corporate game dev...
  2. S

Cyberpunk 2077 - Your Ideas For A Dream RPG

One of my dream for the game is that it gets as deep and dirty in the themes, stories and politics that are essential to the genre, and to do so as creatively and flamboyantly as possible. What I expect to come with that effort, in the writing, world building, etc, just a really good RPG. The...
  3. S

Quest markers are killing the joy of basic exploring.

I Hated quest makers in the witcher 3 but I think I would actually like them in Cyber punk 2077, and you might be surprised why. But first though, Its worth mentioning that while we might hope CDPR do without those markers, producers don't feel the same way about their products as developers do...
  4. S

Since it may have a Tarantino vibe. What from his movies you'd like to see in CP2077?

QUOTE=Lisbeth_Salander;n8491520]"There are lots of cyber games around, but there's not a lot of punk in those games," said game director Mateusz Kanik. "We want to put more punk into ours. We do not want to make a dark and hopeless world. It will be full of rock and roll." I don't want to take...
  5. S

A compendium of tweaks and fixes for the PC version

Hay, I'm experiencing an odd glitch with hair works I was wondering if any one knows anything about. part of Geralts hair no longer reacts to water or rain, which wasn't originally the case when I played the game last week. anyone had this problem and could there be a fix?
  6. S

FREE DLC and EXPANSION PACK ideas for devs to ponder :)

Updated witcher 1 light armor and weapons and hair cut if its not already in the game (does anyone know if its in the game?), with a new option for carrying swords on Geralt's back in a cross rather than next to each other. I really want the crossed swords on his back, with the additional draw...
  7. S

Witcher 3 Graphics

It was that good looking, and that has allot to do with how CDPR kind of turned into this idyllic game company, at least imo. I wont deny I get that idea sometimes though that is a large exaggeration. I'm reminded of one game in specific weirdly enough though that may have something to do not...
  8. S

Witcher sense for the colorblind

I have this problem too, investigation has been really irritating for me as well. Some kind of fix would be appreciated.
  9. S

Witcher 3 Graphics

its a shame, I can live with the visuals, of coarse we can all live with it, but its a shame, and it hurts allot as a fan. All that can be hoped or shown to be wanting is that CDPR at some point free up the game and put back those things that a game like this, as the pinnacle of quality with its...
  10. S

PC specs and benchmarks DISCUSSION

most major change I can see in those day one patch comparisons besides a slight increase in LOD and what might be an improvement in the color, is a vignette. its good to see since the vignette, although a feature that was in the XML already, I haven't seen since the 2014 build. I wasn't...
  11. S

Animations

they are the same though I think the difference between the two here is that in the 35 min demo someone is using a controller and rather than switching speeds instantly they have slowed down before the walk. that or someone removed a transition between run and walk to make controls more...
  12. S

Animations

yeah ok I can sort of agree, I still think it could have been done easily and similar to the witcher 1, I do have a point. your right about the length of the animation, I agree with that, and it should be balanced with the faster combat, I will agree that can be very crowded and difficult...
  13. S

What color correction can do to those ugly screenshots

no there are graphics changes, look at the image I posted in the spoiler tab in the post above yours. I will agree that the post process does create the illusion of more detail in the textures, but that is not everything. SweetFX can color correct and sharpen for you, but some things are not...
  14. S

What color correction can do to those ugly screenshots

yea lighting was great, last year. but frame rate not so much. but that still didn't warrant denying it totally from people. everything was perfect but now, color correction wont fix that, though at least it will give us some improvement.
  15. S

Animations

back when they had the meditation animations with its time laps, I remember a dev saying that enemies could actually attack you while meditating. it was actually a feature that enemies would disrupt you because you decided to take a nap in a dangerous place. its immersive, and next to that...
Top Bottom