Recent content by sidv88

+
  1. S

Netflix's The Witcher - Season 2

Helpful mages along the way who allow portals for a small fee. Seriously though, all sci-fi fantasy filmed works have travel time problems. Somehow the Millennium Falcon made it from Hoth to Bespin in Star Wars without a hyperdrive (I just pretend the Falcon went at near light speed, relativity...
  2. S

Witcher series for Netflix confirmed!

I'm surprised after that last episode that no one has yet joked (unless I missed it) that we finally got the name of the Witcher's planet: Ceti Alpha 5.
  3. S

As someone who read all the books, even Season of Storms and Sapkowski's non canon short story of Yen and Geralt's wedding, I never saw the books as particularly deep or special. The last few where a kid like Ciri was being continuously victimized by villains were disturbing. Yen and Geralt...
  4. S

Have you seen the Polish tv series? What did you think of that? (I have seen it, it wasn't that great but it wasn't the worst thing televised either as some describe it)
  5. S

Well the netflix witcher showrunners disagree, as cavill has been cast as geralt: https://www.pcgamer.com/henry-cavill-will-play-geralt-in-netflixs-witcher-series/
  6. S

Henry Cavill, Superman from the recent DC movies, has expressed interest in playing Geralt: http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/08/06/henry-cavill-wants-to-play-geralt-in-netflixs-adaptation-of-the-witcher
  7. S

[SPOILERS] Blood&Wine Discussion thread

You need to go, in the Witcher 3 entry of your Gog Galaxy client, to the DLC section and check the box where it says Blood and Wine to start the install.
  8. S

[SPOILERS FOR TW1/2/3] Triss Merigold - master manipulator or a victim of circumstance?

Triss did see Yen die in Lady of the Lake. While she could assume that Yen resurrected along with Geralt, that's far from being a certainty, especially when the circumstances of Geralt's resurrection aren't even clear. What was Triss supposed to do in the first 2 games? Wait for a body that...
  9. S

The White Frost

Oh, was that the entirety of the text shown in Blood of Elves? The way Emhyr spoke to Geralt implied there was more to it that demanded he marry Ciri right away, to Geralt's and the readers' disgust, and I didn't see anything in the Blood of Elves text that indicated that, so I assumed Emhyr...
  10. S

The White Frost

I've read all the books, and I don't recall them exactly stating how far Nimue and Condwiramurs were in the future. In their time, the White Frost was supposedly approaching, but had not yet hit in full force. Now the books go into detail on how, by Nimue's time, a lot of knowledge about...
  11. S

What kind of man would Yen go for?

My line regarding book and game Geralt was basically a joke. However, there is a discrepancy in the way relevancy of Witchers is handled between books and games. In the short stories, Geralt is portrayed as moving between cities trying to get work--monsters are rarer and the need for Witchers...
  12. S

Book Geralt didn’t have much money, fame or power. Game Geralt, however, had tons of money, fame, and power if played by a proper powergamer. ;)
  13. S

Crach looked like this: http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/witcher/images/b/b7/Crach_film.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20130722174047 :P Edit: Sorry, thought photo would be posted directly--link shows Crach in the Witcher tv show.
  14. S

You know, nonbook readers don't deserve this flak. Years ago, I hurriedly read all the books because people said I would love Yen and hate Triss after reading them. There's a strange "rule" among some that supposedly if you dislike Yen you didn't read the books. Well, you know, I read them...
  15. S

Game Geralt vs Book Geralt

Game Geralt's fighting style differs drastically from Book Geralt--Game Geralt does way too much rolling and over-relies on Quen. :P (Joking, but not really--I think a lot of players had their Geralts roll around a lot in their playthroughs). Ironically, the Witcher tv show that aired in 2002...
Top Bottom