Recent content by slagman5

+
  1. S

What game are you currently playing

Don't play games much, but every now and then I play a few rounds in Ground Branch.
  2. S

Gunfire in the game needs to be loud!

Of course, I did emphasize that it should represent the firearms in a believable way. Can't say "realistic" since it's sci-fi but you get the gist... If you watch the video I posted for the sound in the game Ground Branch, you can go to my channel there and see some actual gameplay and notice...
  3. S

Love your NIN avatar BTW. Downward Spiral is still their best in my opinion. :-) 1569371573 Some of the suppressed sounds are quite wrong though, the 5.56NATO (AR style rifle) in particular is really really bad, lol. But of course I didn't mean just crank up the volume, but that is just the...
  4. S

Yes, the one "people" lol. It's alright, there's a reason why a lot of game developers make their shooters sound like airsoft simulators. Some people would rather hear the cheesy one-liners than to be immersed into the game. So you're not alone. But anyway, even that one "people" here that said...
  5. S

FPP only cutscenes might be a deal-breaker for me

Nah, love the Half Life-esque level of immersion where I'm always me in the game and cannot magically have an out of body experience everytime something happens... Just like in real life, I don't care about constantly seeing myself. That's why you'll basically never find any selfies from me...
  6. S

Ok, I didn't want to just post a link to a video I found on youtube, so I made one taken from another game where they are actively working on the sounds in their latest updates.
  7. S

Yep, I mentioned HEAT as the example. Imagine that scene with like the computer generated pops you hear in other movies. It just won't be the same... And on a sidenote, love that look that last guy gives to Al Pacino's character, it perfectly says: "Oh crap, I'm dead..." Along with the volume...
  8. S

Definitely. It honestly bugs me a little bit when the guns in a game sound like airsoft. A slider just for gun sounds that won't affect the other sounds would be great where the minimum is where the game is now and you can crank that baby all the way up, lol.
  9. S

Lol, but the enemy suffering is a result of your shooting, so technically you'll hear it since you've already shot them, lol.
  10. S

One thing that REALLY lacks in a lot of sci-fi games with shooting in it is just how quiet guns are, totally ignoring how loud and disorienting gunfire really is. If you watch the bank robbery scene in HEAT and just randomly any other gunfight in most other movies (there are a few other...
  11. S

Cyberpunk 2077 - Your Ideas For A Dream RPG

I think something that allows for collecting would be really cool. Like a big walk-in safe where you can have all of the firearms you've collected visibly seen with any upgrades or accessories you've put on them. And same with cars, like a garage where you can actually see the different cars you...
  12. S

Weapon Sights Realism <posted in general, think I should have posted it here instead?

Hey, I kind of realized maybe I should have posted that thread in here instead, but didn't want to just double up the post. Any way a mod can move it here or something? Here is the thread: https://forums.cdprojektred.com/index.php?threads/weapon-sights-realism.11007631/
  13. S

Weapon sights realism?

In the latest gameplay reveal video, I see the red dot is still portrayed in the same way. Wonder if any devs can give any insight into if this is planned to be fixed before release?
  14. S

Virtual Empathy – How The Witcher 3 Encourages Moral Reflection (Video)

I just had to post this, this video is such a good analysis of The Witcher 3's choices and how the game differs from other games with in-game choices:
Top Bottom