Recent content by Solid_Altair

+
  1. S

Patch 1.08 out now!

Anyone else had trouble downloading it? Prolly just my PS4 acting up, saying there isn't space when in fact there is plenty. But I thought I should ask, just in case.
  2. S

Witcher 3 Discussion Videos

Is this thread suitable for gameplay videos post-launch? I'd like to watch, discuss and display combat clips and montages.
  3. S

Big problem with losing coins

On console... I'm really starting to miss mods. The Witcher 3 seems like a particularly moddable game, in the sense that there are soe big problems that could apparently be fixed by mods, relatively easily.
  4. S

Are all food and drinks give the same health regeneration?

Thanks a lot! I thought I was rocking with Water. It's about the worst one! Tell that to Bear Grills. lol It's really bad that the game doesn't tell the total regen.
  5. S

Whoever thought camera reset was a good thing needs to question his humanity

I think camera reset is a feature for casuals who can't get used to control the camera on the right stick. I suppose it doesn't make much sense on PC, but on consoles it make sthe game playable for people who would otherwise not play it all. My wife can't stand a game like this that doesn't have...
  6. S

Activated Skills Tree

I was wondering if that ignore defense thingy meant armor or block. I don't recall seeing someone blocking Rend, but I know people can dodge it (and you get the Adrenaline Point back, if you whiff, unless you whiff on a Wraith teleporting. I was slightly disapointed at Rend, but still found it...
  7. S

TW3 is my favourite rpg of all time. anyone else feel like tw3 ruined every other rpg, and feel discouraged from other games

Don't you think Skyrim's alchemy is too grindy and requires too much pausing? TW3's does require a bunch of pausing, too, but still a lot less. On my 3rd playthrough of Skyrim I went 'no alchemy', meaning no drinking potions, no brewing, not even gathering ingridients. It had a much better pace...
  8. S

TW3 is my favourite rpg of all time. anyone else feel like tw3 ruined every other rpg, and feel discouraged from other games

If you take Earth as the reference, the sun does revolve around it and it is the center of the universe.
  9. S

Stop, dude. Or you'll make me regret not getting DS 2. :P I suppose I don't value the different move sets of weapons so much, because their effect in many cases don't change much, except for bigger lunges. As for spells, this is probably the keypoint for me. You can have a bunch of spells as a...
  10. S

signs and granates with sheathed swords make more damage

Wow! This got my attention. I'm raining fire everywhere. This could change things a lot for me.
  11. S

What monsters do you have the most trouble with?

Against Nekkers, I like to parry, try to time a Riposte, then retreat from the swarm and use a sign or bomb. Trying to Riposte after parries is safer than trying to dodge after parries. They can easily catch you on the dodge, because they're so frantic. I love'em. Me too. When a few of them...
  12. S

Wolf Gear announcement yaaaaayyyy!!

It looks great. When and how do I get on PS4? Just DL the patches, or gotta DL the DLC on the Store, manually?
  13. S

Did anyone go full alchemy tree?

I'm going for it and it's a lot of fun! It adds some slow menu micro-management, but it's still worth it, imo. I don't recommend it for a first playthrough, but for a second, as I'm doing it, it's cool. And Refreshment reduce sthe micromanagement a little bit. I have offensive potions in the...
  14. S

Interesting. I think TW3's combat wipes the floor with Souls. I think it still would even if it were only swordplay. I'm prolly biased, though, in my utter hatred of i-frames. Though it's actually mroe about TW3 being more dynamic, with special moves, signs and alchemy, whereas DS is all about...
Top Bottom