Recent content by spookyxelectric

+
  1. spookyxelectric

In Defense of the First Person Perspective

Cyberdong 2077!
  2. spookyxelectric

FP VS TP - perspective matters

I'm still willing to give it a shot and hope for the best, but I'm more than ready to roll a new character if melee combat is boring.
  3. spookyxelectric

Gameplay Thread - NO FPP/TPP talk for a change.

Personally, I'm not a fan of this system. I mean, limb damage, sure, but I hated being a random limbless torso.
  4. spookyxelectric

Hello, Night City!

Yeah, true enough. I even remember an old quote where he mentioned considering scrapping Neuromancer when he watched Blade Runner and saw that it was doing a lot of what he tried to do.
  5. spookyxelectric

Yeah, I'm not bothered by the people saying they have motion sickness, or even the people who like myself, think melee combat works a lot better in third person... but the "how hard could it be?" folks make me think "booooooooooooooy..."
  6. spookyxelectric

Hello, Night City!

Nah, it's cool, thanks for sharing and all. I just sort of read it as an "old man yells at cloud" moment, but he's entitled to his opinion since he created the damned genre.
  7. spookyxelectric

Yeah, first person melee has always been kinda slow and methodical, which is fine if you wanted like, first person Dark Souls. But I'd much rather have something along the lines of Metal Gear Rising. I'm not gonna get that, unfortunately, but I'll remain optimistic that CDPR can nail the...
  8. spookyxelectric

Hello, Night City!

He's a tech guy. He's very clued in on the gaming world. There was a moment a few years back when he called Ubisoft out on naming The Division "Tom Clancy's The Division," when it a) came out after Clancy had passed, and b) had nothing to do with his novels. I was actually kind of annoyed at...
  9. spookyxelectric

I noticed that too, but I got a warning earlier so I figured I wouldn't comment on it. :p
  10. spookyxelectric

Oh man, fuckin' Gears. I get it, I'm crouch running.
  11. spookyxelectric

Building Your Character Thread

That's actually a strange distinction IMO, as I feel driving if anything would feel more natural in first person. Unless it's Mario Kart or Wipeout, I never choose the third person follow camera in driving games. It feels more natural and immersive to go first there, I think.
  12. spookyxelectric

You're gonna have to let this go. This conversation is literally going nowhere. you're right though.
  13. spookyxelectric

VR Editions: Yay or Nay

God, I hope so. If we're going first person, let's go all in. I want to look like an anime nerd console cowboy, with a giant VR headset and a bag of chips to my side.
  14. spookyxelectric

It was a red herring. The Witcher world has elves, dwarves and trolls, Cyberpunk does not. Ciri in fact went to... Shadowrun's Seattle. o_O
  15. spookyxelectric

Maaaaaaaybe Dishonored or Shadow Warrior?
Top Bottom