Recent content by thaes

+
  1. T

Now reading [books]

Just finished reading The Republic by Plato, and am currently reading The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde. Seems like an extremely fun book to read, so far.
  2. T

Now reading [books]

Just finished reading Dolores Claiborne by Stephen King. Can't believe there actually was an older book by King I hadn't read.
  3. T

[EPILOGUE] Disappointment - 2 things I could not solve

Firstly, you can find bread from Muddy Waters by simply talking to the local baker (his house is marked on the map).Secondly... are you really saying that, since the game makes us wait for a sequel and doesn't give straight answers to the GM/Alvin thing, it's bad? I'd hate to see the rating you...
  4. T

Once Upon A Time

In Finnish, it's "Olipa kerran". If translated directly to English, that'd be "There was once", so that's pretty much the same as it's in German.
  5. T

Happy New Year 2009

Ah yes, we do that around here, as well. Or at least, we used to do. Dunno whether anyone actually does it anymore (no one I know does it, but that tells nothing).
  6. T

Happy New Year 2009

Happy New Year from snowy Finland!Around here, we don't have that many traditions when it comes to celebrating New Year. We just blow away some fireworks (practice which should technically begin at 18:00, but some people naturally blow them up throughout the day) and have parties that involve...
  7. T

Video games quiz

Is it Empire Earth?
  8. T

Check which character of The Witcher world you are

Apparently, I'm Milva. Now I just need to wait for more of Sapkowski's works to be translated to find out who that is. ;DOh, and the second person would be Ciri (or Triss, since the compatibility was pretty much the same for her and Ciri), which was way below Milva in compatibility.
  9. T

Small riddles - What could it be?

Erosion?
  10. T

[GENERAL] Most satisfactory Witcher moments

The most satisfactory moments. Hm...Well, beating Coccacidium was pretty satisfactory, for (seemingly) obvious reasons.
  11. T

[ACT IV] Armor (Quest)

Nah, the guide claims they are in the crypt in the fields, but can also be found on Chapter V. Maybe the developers meant to put it in the crypt, but forgot, or something to that effect?
  12. T

[ACT IV] Armor (Quest)

The same happened to me, as well, which is why I had to wait till Chapter V to get the notes. Can you even actually get them in Chapter IV, or is there a mistake in the guide?
  13. T

The word "Witcher" (translation)

Hiya all!Even though the books haven't been translated in Finnish (and therefore, there isn't any official translation), the word "witcher" is actually translated in the Finnish part of the Quickstart-section in the manual of the Enhanced Edition. It's translated as "noituri". The word is rather...
  14. T

Favorite book?

I agree, "1984" is a very good book (I can't say that Orwell is a good writer since I haven't read any other of his books). It was even darker than I thought it would, but still very splendid. I'd recommend reading "Brave New World" by Aldous Huxley, as well (if you haven't already, that is)...
  15. T

How old are you ?

I'm 19 (a lovely age for a huge fan of Stephen King ;D).
Top Bottom