Recent content by the_1990

+
  1. T

REDkit - Clarity PLEASE!!!

I think the REAL reason REDkit was never released was partly due to the fans themselves. All over the internet you'll see that for every person talking about the benefits of modding there is at least one other saying that modding is largely unnecessary for good games, and that companies only...
  2. T

what kind of mods we would be getting had CDPR released the modkit they promised?

Indeed, even if Unreal, Unity and Source are free, I would still probably choose REDengine for developing a story-driven RPG. But again I worry that CDPR might think the technology is so great (and it is) that it'd be better to sit on it than share it with potential rivals.
  3. T

what kind of mods we would be getting had CDPR released the modkit they promised?

Indeed, my only concern is they might be worried about creating potential competition to their own games. But it is still something they should do, before someone else does it first. There are not many cinematic games with extensive mod support, the powerful dialog editing tools would make make...
  4. T

Maybe Paradox can work out a deal with CDPR and use the REDengine 3 for their World of Darkness game, Paradox at least has a greater appreciation of the benefits of creating a vibrant modding community for their games. Seriously, imagine seeing a spiritual successor to Bloodlines created with...
  5. T

Has anyone taken a look at the videos here, very interesting, seem to show editor in action: https://www.youtube.com/user/piotom123/videos Could be a portent of something interesting?
  6. T

Mod support

That may indeed be the case, but developers should still support modding regardless, many of the most talented game devs started out as modders, it would be nice if CDprojekt gave them a canvas to paint on...
  7. T

Mod support

There are many great Skyrim mods being made, the guy who made Falskaar got a job at Bungie and Enderal now has a June release date. Here are a few others: Dark Souls style mod: Many great mods are and can be made, give the modders the tools and they will do the job.
  8. T

Mod support

I really don't see the purpose of mods being to "fix" the game, I see it as expanding the game. In fact, the batter a game is, the more in-need of mod support I feel it is, you can never have too much content for a good game. I have downloaded almost no mods for Skyrim because I'm not interested...
  9. T

Mod support

Witcher does have official mod support, just nothing like what was promised, it is a very limited tool that allows only minor changes to the game. Basically, I would have liked to see a tool that would enable projects like this.
  10. T

Mod support

Given that the reason we never got the REDkit with Witcher 3 was that it was not developed with such a thing in mind, it would be best if CDprojekt made a concrete decision early on.
  11. T

Mod support

Will Cyberpunk support modding? Considering the non-release of the Witcher 3's REDkit modding tools, even though they were still being promised after the initial release. I saw in some Reddit thread that the reason proper tools were never released was to do with something about the way the game...
  12. T

[DISCUSSION] Witcher 3 - Reviews

DSP's review DSP's original LP of Witcher 2 became the source of no small amount of controversy, so I thought I would draw ppl's attention to his review for Witcher 3: He compare's the game a lot to DAI. What do you guy's think, is he fairer than he was with the last game?
  13. T

A first glimpse at the expansions

The Hearts of Stone expansion is to take place in "the wilds of No Man’s Land and the nooks and alleys of Oxenfurt". So presumably mostly Velen and Oxenfurt, also White Orchard since the quest-giver seems to be the "Man of Glass". I personally always felt that Oxenfurt seemed a bit "half-full"...
  14. T

A first glimpse at the expansions

I wonder... will you be able to play these expansions in the post-main-quest game world, or will you have to start a new game?
  15. T

The Witcher 3 Modding

Well, that's encouraging. Look forward to news.
Top Bottom