Recent content by Thoric

+
  1. T

Game Chat Request Thread

This is why I mentioned Rocket League - it has a 1vs1 duel mode and my observation is that the raging, obnoxious player is a rare occurrence, even in ranked. Another recent example is Julian Gollop's Chaos Reborn - a strategic game involving quite a bit of deception, in which I found dueling to...
  2. T

Game Chat Request Thread

I would be in favor of emotes by default and text chat as an opt-in (for the sake of new players). Keep in mind that those who want to mock and abuse their opponent will always find a way, whether it's a smug "Greetings" in the middle of the game, delaying every turn like a complete twat, or...
  3. T

Announcing Gwent and bolstering Xbox One Collector’s Edition of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

I'm just excited there will be a full-blown card game within the game. But yeah, Microsoft always get their way. A physical extra in third of the few thousand CEs is probably the best you can get away with.
  4. T

Geralt's Face

This has always been my favorite rendition of Geralt: But I also really liked how he turned out in TW2 and the TW3 gameplay footage so far.
  5. T

Is TW3 getting downgraded for the sake of consoles?

Their credo so far has been to max out every platform and I don't expect anything different for TW3. Of course they can't go out and enforce one platform or another without ruffling some feathers, but I'm sure there will be enough comparison videos on day 1 to make an easy decision.
  6. T

E3 Discussion Thread

That was goddamn beautiful. Geralt strolling into town, with a griffin head hanging from the saddle... now that's a true Witcher game. Novigrad is simply breathtaking and Dijkstra is spot on. Bravo, CDPR!
  7. T

E3 Discussion Thread

Same sequence with a bit of variation - used Yrden and killed one marauder with a crossbow (he tried to crawl away in vain), took a bit longer to kill the griffin. Looked pretty great.
  8. T

The E3 gameplay demo. What do you think needs to be worked on? What did you like?

Looking at the HD video, some combat animations do stand out jerky and sudden (mostly dodges), but I really like the overall tempo of the combat and I think they should keep it in this ballpark, even at the cost of some choppiness. Looks much more responsive than TW2 and more fitting of a...
  9. T

New CD Projekt RED logo!

Used Paint.NET and fiddled around with it until it stopped looking like the Titus logo. Took me longer than I'd like to admit.
  10. T

New CD Projekt RED logo!

We need to go deeper.
  11. T

Cyberpunk Soundtrack

Captures most of the themes I think. Lyrics:
  12. T

The Witcher Online

I don't think The Witcher is the right IP for a MMO, but I would like to see CD Projekt try their hand at a MMORPG eventually. The genre has been decaying for about a decade, replacing interactive, persistent virtual worlds with a series of instanced skinner boxes. CDPR is a talented studio with...
  13. T

The Witcher: House of Glass #1 of 5 Comic Book Released Today!

I liked it quite a bit. Will buy the next one too. The low rez images in the OP don't do the art justice though.
Top Bottom