Recent content by Thothistox

+
  1. T

The only enemy that kills you often is

Landmines are strangely overpowered too.
  2. T

Spent 40 hours on the main story + major side quests, now have spent another 60 hr on junk

Fully agree. The gigs are mostly garbage. They're one of the same five things repeated over and over: - kill that guy, and open a box somewhere - steal this small object or car - upload this virus - rescue this person - kill that cyberpsycho I would gladly trade the 100-200 'gig'/question mark...
  3. T

What games are you looking forward to?

It will be years before we get that. Hopefully it will have actual quests and not 'fixer' gigs told through codex.
  4. T

Your favourite commercial/poster ingame?

I don't know if you could call it an ad, but there is a fairly lengthy TV segment describing how citizens should behave in case they are pulled over by the NC police. The driver being pulled over is a tiny pug, while the "policeman" is a very muscular Great Dane. The tone of the ad is...
  5. T

About Angry Joe's Reviews... (& me)

Fully agree. These are the main problems in my view. Everything else is forgivable, even the laughable hacker combat. But not lousy quests. CDPR's main claim to fame is good side quests. They had around 100 in TW3. CP2077 has fewer side quests than TW2, which was CDPR's smallest game. And...
  6. T

Rank CDPR games.

1) Witcher 3 with expansions 2) Witcher 2 3) CP2077 4) Witcher 1 5) Thronebreaker I never played online Gwent. I have no interest in MMOs at all. CP2077 is really flawed but not awful. I'll likely finish it 2-3 times. I might wait for an expansion for the 3rd time. The worst thing about...
  7. T

What do you NOT want to see in the game?

Won't happen. Moral ambiguity is one of their cornerstones. It's also culturally ubiquitous in a country like Poland, with a complex and often difficult history. What I'm hoping won't be in: - respawning enemies - a difficulty "hill" beyond which everything is too easy - non-useful loot - my...
  8. T

Fist Fighters do one-hit-kill?

Slightly off topic, but level scaling also wreaks havoc with the djinn fight in The Last Wish quest. Normally I would beat him within the first 3 tries on DM, but with level scaling enabled he became an HP sponge. Fighting him took me 2 hours and I had to mediate (yes, you can step away from him...
  9. T

(B&W) Conversation with Regis is wrong

That is really too bad. That makes me think they changed their minds about what they were doing at the last moment. Your ideas about fixing the conversation might work... in English, but maybe not in all languages. If they can't hack in an existing line they should just remove the dialog option...
  10. T

(B&W) Conversation with Regis is wrong

(B&W) Conversation with Regis is wrong When talking to Regis in the graveyard and drinking, my Geralt told him that he found Ciri and defeated the Wild Hunt. In fact, I haven't even found her yet. I completed HoS, but I haven't even gone back for Uma in the main quest. Please fix this...
  11. T

Hardcore Mode

I think it would be more fun if we kept signs at their current power, but if we 1 - made alchemy non-auto-refill. This way players would be forced to plan when they're going to use something. 2 - made the common resources more scarce, including money itself and weapons/armor 3 - make weapons...
  12. T

Parts of the game you didn't find yourself using.

I think the only thing I didn't really use was the counterattack. For some reason I dislike counterattacking in games, probably because most games don't do it well. Other than that I made use of almost everything. Reading some of the posts in this thread I get the impression that people don't...
  13. T

Your most hated Monster type

I think the worst are the wraiths. Their attacks immobilize Geralt and then they take multiple shots at him. Some early quests make it impossible to deal with them.
  14. T

Why did this game have to be open world?

I've also wondered what TW3 would have been like with many White Orchard sized areas. For one thing, it would be a far more balanced game. Each Chapter could have its own "difficulty hill" that would be matched as the player progresses from beginning to end. With Open World, we get only one...
  15. T

Character Builds, Ability Points, & How to Kick Ass Thread

Have you tried the Enhanced Combat mod? It makes most actions (e.g., rolling, strong attack) require stamina. The game starts off slightly easier than vanilla, but then it stays moderately hard for much longer than the vanilla game. It might be what you're looking for if you find the game too...
Top Bottom