Recent content by Walster

+
  1. W

DM vs NG+

Answer: NO. Enemy upscaling makes it better though, but the game is still too easy overall. Taking out an enemy five or even seven levels higher is still possible, as long as you don't mind swinging your swords for minutes. Upscaling has a few (minor) problems: - Rats hit like drowners...
  2. W

So... Gwent difficulty modes

Thanks for all the hard work Lytha! Point 2 is terribly bad, if it can be verified as true
  3. W

So... Gwent difficulty modes

Lytha: thanks for the detailed info, read most of your posts! But maybe provide a tldr for new readers?
  4. W

GOTY Edition for free for existing owners of W3+season pass

I would appreciate the GOTY version instead of what I have now. The reason is I often reinstall the OS and everything and now I have to download and install a few dozen base version of the game and expansions and then figure out what updates I need. Installation of the updates is also painfully...
  5. W

Gwent on hard difficulty possible?

I think Gwent could be a lot harder if the AI cheated just a bit. i.e. if you have a hand with lots of close combat cards, the AI should have a 50-90% chance of having a freezing card to counter your deck.
  6. W

Lytha: lol so true about the AI tactics. Another thing I noticed is when I decoy a card in the first round, the AI often assumes I'm taking back all my cards and often skips that round.
  7. W

The only really hard gwent game is in the palace in Vizima. I think you can also do this later in the game, but this is the hardest game of Gwent if you do it at low levels. First playthrough I beat this guy the first time. The second time it took me about 10 tries. You only have a few cards...
  8. W

What happen's when I beat the main game?

Finishing the game took over 300 hours for me. Because it took me so long, after the main quest Geralt died of old age :(
  9. W

Fun at level 100, Fun at level 11 - The Witcher 3 is Pure Fun!

No, you're right there are actually even more choices (and references to these choices much later). But for me, after two different choices I've seen what the game has to offer. Also because I generally do everything in the game, it takes me a long a time complete it and there aren't many...
  10. W

Fun at level 100, Fun at level 11 - The Witcher 3 is Pure Fun!

It's funny how you completely play the opposite way of what I do. I played through the game once (before the expansions came out), completing everything I could find and did a lot of exploring and walking around. I also made another quest active while searching for Tamara and Triss so I had to...
  11. W

Game way too easy, gets boring

Haven't played BaW yet so reading you're suggestions there's lot of good and difficult stuff coming :) But we can always hope for a harder base game can't we?
  12. W

Game way too easy, gets boring

Game way too easy, gets boring During my second playthrough I remembered why I gradually lost interest the first time. Sure the quests, graphics and writing are all great. But it gets way too easy after a while. Already on Death March of course. This time with a poison / green build because I...
  13. W

PC build advice for Witcher 3

Currently playing with a 970 and it's sufficient. Everything is maxed out , except hairworks. The game runs 50-60 fps at most places, some inconsistent dips to 30-40 fps but overall it's at the higher end. For me it's not worth upgrading to a better GPU but if you're buying a new system you...
  14. W

1000 hours!

Around 300 hours in my first and only full playthrough. Finished every quest I could find, except the Gwent one and still had a few dozen caches in Skellige left. Current playthrough is 90 hours. Enjoying it but it has become a bit of a drag. You're pretty much forced to advance the main quest...
  15. W

Best random NPC chatter

Best random NPC chatter Wandering through Novigrad I couldn't help but laugh at some of the random NPC blatter. What are your favorite quotes? Mine are: 1. Got so fucked up last night blood came out of me ears 2. Drunk: I think I pissed me trousers 3. [Heavy panting]...
Top Bottom