Recent content by wharekura.749

+
  1. W

what is your game playing ritual?

It is one of the few single malt scotch that I can afford :) There is a saying in a movie "I'll get all the sleep I need when I am dead" :-XRaising kids as all parents out there know, makes quality time mean exactly that - quality time.Playing The Witcher with a scotch I can just afford and the...
  2. W

what is your game playing ritual?

Come home from work.Talk to the kids and cuddles.Moan and b*tch with the Wife about crap.Eat tea with the kids.Wait 30 minutes - go for 15 minute intensive workout.Send kids to bath.Ensure kids are dry and put sleeping clothes on.Send kids to bed and cuddle them.See what crap is on the news -...
  3. W

It's Obama!

Gosh - two moderator comments - one can almost feel the power :oTo keep this on topic then, does one think that McCain plays The Witcher now he has time on his hands ;D
  4. W

Add Copy Protection

I do the same as you but I take the additional step of usually getting them 2nd hand from a store of from an auction site. However for great games I buy them like the witcher enhanced ed of course. That brightened by morning :D
  5. W

It's Obama!

Well, I wont rain on your parade.In a short span when blacks were told to ride in the back of the bus in their own country or forced to urinate in another area when fighting for their country - to the election of Obama! I thought I would not see the day in my lifetime.People like game widow wont...
  6. W

Add Copy Protection

An update on my last post for those with 10 minutes to spare and a broadband connection http://www.tomsgames.com/us/videos/second_take_console_piracy_on_the_rise_.html
  7. W

Add Copy Protection

Gosh - here I was waiting for this thread to die and I find a couple of extra pages of replies full of mainly cliche rubbish.Piracy is thieving no matter how its put. Justify to yourself how it is ok to ripoff peoples work if it makes your own personal guilt go away. I am sure the people that...
  8. W

Enhanced Edition (EE) Questions answered here

If you are a game box collector like i am, you will be wise reading the following thread - Are you satisfied with the US Version of The Witcher
  9. W

So, who else has bought this game twice now?

Im from NZ and the US version sucks and the UK version rules - DONT BUY THE US VERSION
  10. W

Are you satisfied with the US Version of The Witcher

I think it might be too late for you if you have already opened it as it indicates your acceptance of the product. JB HiFi has / had the UK edition - I am very happy now. I got it for 74.95 NZD, well worth it.
  11. W

Hurray - I am actually not the only one!I dont really want to name names (as I am currently in discussions with them regarding a refund) but what I can say is the company recently got changed over in the last week. The online NZ company I dealt with has the "Ask ask and we'll beat it' price...
  12. W

Of all the great additions to TWEE, want is your single favorite change?

It still asks for the DVD for me? I have the UK version of EE and I have registered again (my 2nd purchase). I have it installed on Vista.The feature I like the most is the load times as it improves the flow of the game.
  13. W

So, who else has bought this game twice now?

I had the standard, but sold it to get the UK version of the game + I also have the US version of the game.
  14. W

To update I now have both the UK and US version.The US version of the packaging has better embossing. The UK version of the packaging is nicely individualized - in terms of separate DVD/CD covers for stuff.So I suppose there are options for those that do have the choice. For those that like...
  15. W

I thought this was one of the biggest, if not the biggest, forums regarding The Witcher. :-\ Correct. In New Zealand we have the Fair Trading Act - which I have used and they have allowed for a return with a possible replacement with the UK version :D Completely understand but in my case I...
Top Bottom