Recent content by Wiggleroom

+
  1. Wiggleroom

The illusion of time pressure

The 'Hurry, it will all end SOON!!!' cliché plot is rampant in games. Usually nothing happens until the player character shows up, even if it was a five minute deadline. In games where there is an actual time limit it instead usually kills the game through making it stressful and not...
  2. Wiggleroom

Drawback of voice protagonists

I play again and create a different character, but they sound identical unless I change gender. I cannot have an accent, be it Haitian, English, Russian, Southern and so on. I cannot have a deeper or higher pitched voice. And, of course, it requires a lot of work and money recording, thus...
  3. Wiggleroom

Sold or scrapped Black Unicorn and other rewards, want them back!

Yeah, I wish we could mark gear and items as 'do not delete' or such. I've accidentally scrapped stuff and loaded a save to get it back. Inventory management is not the best, to be honest, not after a big battle where you go loot-happy...
  4. Wiggleroom

It's fine on my PC

I have had surprisingly few issues. I know large games have a lot of bugs, so I expected more, to be honest. PC, Windows 10, Intel i7, 32 GB RAM, SSD, 1080 Ti, running on high/ultra (1920 x 1080). First ever crash I had was today, game froze. Mostly I've seen NPCs walk on air, a couple of...
  5. Wiggleroom

My ending experience after doing all endings at my disposal

Yes, not sure if they aimed for a bittersweet ending, but if so they need to up the sharpshooting skill. Only way for me is to head-canon the Nomad ending (was natural as I played a Nomad), even if it was not all positive (romance interest as a straight female annoyed me, part in lack of input...
  6. Wiggleroom

Clothing memes

No idea, can't say I pay attention to such when I fight. I am not really into fighting in games, so it is a time when I just try to survive, so to speak. But I feel stats should not be in clothes or weapons. Why is Gun X listed as doing multiple times the damage compared to the identical Gun...
  7. Wiggleroom

Clothing memes

For me, the issue is that a nice bullet proof vest I found was made moot a few levels later due to the enemy level and the damage they made vs the damage this bulletproof vest absorb, which then compared to a silk shirt I found on that higher level -- which was easily four times as good at...
  8. Wiggleroom

[Spoiler Alert] About the endings

I didn't compare them, merely saying I don't mind bittersweet endings. Now, if that is what they aimed for here they completely missed the mark. As a note, Cyberpunk 2020 tabletop RPG endings to adventures was not bleak as a base, but made to question what human nature is and all that. There...
  9. Wiggleroom

No idea. Think I'm done with the endings for the time being... Maybe I'll replay later. Was hoping to replay a lot, but... Eh. I'll make my own head canon ending, kind of like I did with the replies in the romance with River. My V, not CPR's V. Oh, and I don't mind bittersweet endings...
  10. Wiggleroom

The romance options for straight Female and Male V is disappointing [Mild spoilers]

One option per orientation, rather disappointing. Not all of us like the same kind of person. Then again, we got precious little input to our V too, honestly... For me, it was River. Luckily I kind of liked him, but, really, once 'romanced' (right...), there was nothing? A few lines, always...
  11. Wiggleroom

Why reveal V's name? [Spoiler]

I wish it wasn't in there. I had my own name made up with also a reason for the V. Valerie just doesn't fit her. But the more I played the more I felt I had no input into making it my V. RPG for me is about playing a character I want, not playing a pre-defined role that I know nothing about...
  12. Wiggleroom

Exactly what I came here to say about the 'best' ending... Ladies go with you, guys don't. Really? Understandable in one case, being part of that group, but really? Also, just one guy for my straight gal? I miss Dragon Age now, ha. :censored: In addition, the two guys are stuck in side...
  13. Wiggleroom

Choices matters ?

I had hoped for more input into V. More choices, both in attitude and background (when it cropped up). WIthout spoilers, the romance option I want for at one point offered three yellow choices -- I though, ah, a chance to pick one I like! No. I had to pick all three. Maybe I have been...
Top Bottom