Recent content by CTPhipps

+
  1. CTPhipps

Phantom Liberty - The story just doesn't... work for me? (some spoilers included)

to be fair, spy stories are very common in cyberpunk. I wrote the Agent G novels as "James Bond meets Blade Runner."
  2. CTPhipps

New Ending (SPOILER ALERT)

I'm glad an ending undercut that nonsense of the Nomad ending. It turns out, no, they're as flawed as everyone else.
  3. CTPhipps

Phantom Liberty - The story just doesn't... work for me? (some spoilers included)

I literally think they would have the same reactions if they did contact them. "Your friend is in a coma and probably won't wake up. However, he's on life support." Then it stays that way for TWO YEARS. Panam not wanting to speak with you because of anguish and personal torment makes sense...
  4. CTPhipps

Non-leathal take downs Do not work for missions like "Waiting for Dodger"

It worked for me. So it's a bug.
  5. CTPhipps

It's based on a roleplaying game made for teenagers. Which is fine. Being for kids doesn't mean childish.
  6. CTPhipps

Well, that's a thing, Hellman says they flat out didn't know how to bond a Engram to a clone body until V showed them how. It's why he can't help you. He has no idea what the fuck WORKED about you coming back from the dead. It's because of V that they figure out how Saburo can come back.
  7. CTPhipps

There's also option three: Live as an Engram in the Blackwall or serving Arasaka.
  8. CTPhipps

Not played PL yet but surely V's fix is obvious?

Yes, because it turns out u need to be a blood relative for it works. Which makes me wonder if they're implying V is Johnny's grandkid. 1696699425 I mean, it's very easy to make something fatal and incurable in RL. So it works that way is fine because they're the ones who came up with how it...
  9. CTPhipps

A discussion in the character of Songbird (spoilers for the PL story and ending)

I think the important thing to think about in Songbird's story is that there's no morality to it. It's not a decision you can divide into "good" or "evil" and attempts to do so will be unsatisfying because they ignore the reality of it in order to provide a clear moral choice that simply doesn't...
  10. CTPhipps

Not played PL yet but surely V's fix is obvious?

I think that's literally what Alt does, isn't it? You get copied by her with Soulkiller and then get it put back on V's brain. However, the process is a lot more traumatic than it sounds and the Relic is damaged. So it's not actually the fix it should be. Probably because the relic is damaged...
  11. CTPhipps

Probably already asked 1 billion times but ... ( SPOILER ALERT)

River's family is inside Night City. Sadly, uprooting them is a lot harder than it sounds. Same for Kerry.
  12. CTPhipps

Given they dump your ass in so many other endings, I don't have a particularly romantic view of the Nomads.
  13. CTPhipps

[Spoiler Alert] About the endings

Again, we find out who are true friends are in that ending: Misty and Vic. I think part of the issue being that so many gamers, myself included, missed that apparently Vic and Misty were a lot more important than the game implied. They're not V's friends, they're V's family.
  14. CTPhipps

[Spoiler Alert] About the endings

I don't think two years is remotely strange to move on from that point because there's no guarantee they will wake up. I'm just saying this isn't a soap opera where they'd be expected to be teary eyed at your beside as the years dragged on.
  15. CTPhipps

Endings are Mass Effect all over again, my hope is now on PL and mods

They may not know you at the beginning of the story story but they fucking sure know you at the end.
Top Bottom