Recent content by Wonderboy8700

+
  1. W

[Suggestion] The most powerful neutrals should be faction specific

I agree in principle but disagree in practice. In principle if we sure up the faction identities and cut out the rock paper scissors aspect, then strong neturals are less necessary. In practice this change would not only unbalance the game, it would destroy the professional aspect of the game...
  2. W

how to get by as a newer player????

You get 25 points for playing no cards, 37 if it is during faction challenge boost. I (and several other players,) prestiged up before CC using this method (it got my premium cards with every keg.)
  3. W

how to get by as a newer player????

You won't like this answer, but it will work 100% of the time, especially with bonus exp. Autoforfeit unranked matches (seasonal or casual.) Every time you do you get exp, and every level equals 1 reward point. Reward points convert to kegs and you can get stronger. Also getting prestige rewards...
  4. W

How we got here

Your opinion is just as valid as mine. The question now becomes player base. Given the Gwent uninstalled club, poor throne breaker sales, and general dissatisfaction among Witcher 3 vets, the size of the player base is a concern. If it does not grow then Gwent will continue to be a financial...
  5. W

How we got here

Homecoming was months after midwinter. @Mystikast is correct that midwinter was the beginning of the end. However, the downturn started before that. Never satisfied with the identity or direction of Gwent, change after change was made. Units went from row specific to wherever they want. Golds...
  6. W

How we got here

Silvers definitely became as valuable or more valuable (in some cases) than golds. But if I'm being honest, there has never been a positive update or expansion. Every single change always messed with balance or strategy or compromised some aspect of the original. Look at the change from...
  7. W

Leader Suggestion: Dettlaff

I already suggested this, but might as well throw it out their again. Eliminate token spawning all together. Have his deathblow boost an existing vampire by 1. Give him 4 charges 4 x 2 = 8 damage, but if that makes you nervous you can limit him to 2 charges per round or he starts with 2 and...
  8. W

How we got here

Three things. 1. For pro to be anything more than who rewarding people for spending the most time playing, no one should ever be demoted from pro. If you get there, you belong there. As for normal ranks, this is not the beta. In the beta you got rewards based on reaching a rank, here you only...
  9. W

How we got here

Came back in early February to mid February, started at 25. Got to 0 in about 3 weeks (give or take a few days.) Then didn't play much ranked (really loved the seasonal and found the ranked mode boring, so I fell from pro to 9.)
  10. W

How we got here

Over the last few days I have read a lot of posts and threads about dissatisfaction with Gwent. To be honest, ever since coming back in February I have been growing less and less content with the game. I figure the solution is to leave again and maybe comeback after a few more expansions...
  11. W

Deathwish can't be countered now???

I locked both Phoenix and ruehin in different matches. Neither returned. It should however be mentioned that lock does not stop resilience.
  12. W

Assimilate contract is crazy quick in seasonal.

I play on PS4 so not easily. Basically load up on spies and assimilate. Dutchess informant is great for this. Also their is a 9 provisions card that allows you to create a 1 power bronze from your deck. If you still have trouble let me know and I will provide more specifics. Also use the leader...
  13. W

Was Gwent designed incorrectly? Engines vs. Removal

Welcome to Midwinter, and homecoming, and almost every major update. Look at spear and shield. Too powerful so we will keep it at 7 provisions, restrict it to 4 power, and not even let you tutor it cheap. They don't know how to adjust for balance. That said, Witcher trio needed some kind of...
  14. W

Where to start? I was an open beta player, when I came back they had me at rank 25. I got to 14 without even looking at anyone elses ideas on deck building. I got to 14 without even fully understanding all the changes to the mulligan system. Then I hit a wall. Ironically I started using a...
  15. W

True, but flip that script. You have the same problem in reverse if you lack the removal to deal with opponents engines. They plan count without interference then follow him up with Anna who now boosts him. Then tridam, then another tridam. Any CCG needs both, you want to talk about balance, the...
Top Bottom