Recent content by Yellowcardus

+
  1. Y

Fall Damage, too high [FIX]

Umm... when you people jump from such totaly non-dangerous heights in RL do you keep your legs as straight and rigid as possible or try to cushion the fall? If it's the latter, then why do you expect Geralt to be fine without doing the same? You can ENTIRELY negate fall damage from pretty...
  2. Y

Adrenaline points. What for?

Phinnway That's a damn good answer Sir! I just want to add that for me "Rage managment" has been the most game altering of all the upgrades. You hack away cheerfuly dodging and parrying as usual and sudenly you realise you can cast 3-4 signs in a quick sucssesion. It completly changes the...
  3. Y

witcher 3 4k with double titan x issue

Did you enable hairworks? From what I read two Titan X cards at 4K should indeed comfortably allow for 60+ framerates and even go higher in to the 100's for undemanding sections of gameplay. But maybe that's without hairworks? Also try, reverting to the drivers before those for Witcher 3. The...
  4. Y

TW3 General Feedback [SPOILERS]

It looks to me like we just have different taste, you say that design of XP gain is objectively bad, but I find it very, very good. I don't know if that makes you wrong, but I certainly don't feel wrong myself. To me personally, the carrot on a stick approach is often so over used that the...
  5. Y

Ah, in that case I have indeed missed your meaning. As is the case with any game where monsters don't scale with you. Killing lower level creatures will eventually become a waste of time, unless you need the loot for crafting. However the Witcher 3 extends this to all monsters outside of...
  6. Y

I was one of the people who got lucky and got the game early. I finished it, put more hours into it already than I dare admit and I will stand by this design choice. I can see what you are trying to say, I do not think i'm missing the point. Rather it looks to me like your point is valid but...
  7. Y

You gain plenty, it's just a matter of approach. Try to have an open mind, don't assume that something which doesn't conform to your standards is instantly bad design, maybe it's there for a reason? maybe it makes more sense in the grand scheme of things. The Witcher games have never been...
  8. Y

Meditating is now done in a menu?

I bet it's because the beard was visibly jumping betwen states of growth. Or Geralts face instantly went from intoxicated to not. So they covered it up with UI. A mod will bring it back i'm sure.
  9. Y

How many copies will be sold within 2 days after release?

I think it's really hard to estimate sales for W3. To the point where I suspect even CDPR has trouble in this regard. Sure they have the preorder numbers, so that helps. But beyond that, W3 is a very different beast to the previous games. - Simultaneous release on 3 biggest platforms. - Current...
  10. Y

[DISCUSSION] Witcher 3 Screenshots and Artwork

Anyone else surprised at the game coming on "only" 3 discs on PC? I remember seeing those first renders showing the box contets and 3 game discs plus a soundtrack one. But i always thought this was placeholder and subject to change. I honestly can't belive they managed to fit the entire game...
  11. Y

Ultra settings not being shown until release - is this true?

The only time CDPR said they are witholding Ultra footage until lunch was by Damien Monnier during a Nvidia conference. Every other time they simply confirmed that current footage is on High. I don't know why this is. I have a few ideas, like a deal with Nvidia so they get to show it in a...
  12. Y

Witcher 3 News [LINKS & DISCUSSION]

Nope, i doubt that at this point they care that much for a few minutes of shaky camera prologue footage. Besides, just because it looks like a leak doesn't mean they weren't allowed to record or take pictures. Also, seing the artwork from that beaver site i'm now unsurprised at their name -_-...
  13. Y

Oh yeah, i totally mixed that up. You may be right in the end every one wins. I was just thinking that the budget for marketing was unusually high and therfore perhaps not entirely CDPR's choice, (as in, there might have been pressure from other parties to get a big marketing push for the game).
  14. Y

It's not CDPR's fault though. Firstly, the money for marketing came from the publishers, who most likely insisted on advertising the game because that's profitable to them ("We are selling your game, we so we will market it our way" - or something to that effect). And the marketing budget...
  15. Y

Facial expressions in Witcher 3

Phil Spencer, the current head of Xbox mentioned post E3, during a Giant Bomb panel that CDPR changed the slice of gameplay they wanted to show pretty much last minute. Mostly, because they felt that the previous one wasn't as representative of the game as a whole. And indeed, this one...
Top Bottom