Recent content by yupper

+
  1. Y

Frustrated & Disappointed

On block delay: I have noticed there is sometimes a delay to block during combat which is not noticeable when you just have your sword out by yourself and practice. It seems to me that blocks need to be properly timed. They are not instantaneous and when you block too late, the block doesn't...
  2. Y

Frustrated & Disappointed

Yes, some players are defensive about this game, but then the tone of the original posts are usually at least 50% responsible for that. Would people have responded defensively if he simply came and asked for advices about combat in hard mode, rather than downright dismissing the combat system in...
  3. Y

medallion not working properly

Also, sometimes there are corpses that are 'quest relevant' (e.g. some in Act 2, Roche's path) but do not themselves have loot. I've also noticed some static corpses (different from the corpses left behind by monsters or people you kill) that do not decay will light up with you use the...
  4. Y

Avoid new GeForce driver 280.26 WHQL!

No download manager. I download them directly from nvidia drivers site. If you've seen the forums there, there's actually been a number of reports from people experiencing this error since 275.xx. But I guess it's a generic error when something is amiss and the installation fails. I've tried a...
  5. Y

Avoid new GeForce driver 280.26 WHQL!

I am still using 270.61. I haven't been able to install 275.33 or 280.26, keep getting the "nvidia installer failed" message. Lucky me I guess.
  6. Y

Dice Game issue since 1.35 and XBOX controller for Windows

Just as a point of reference, I use a PC gamepad with a x360 controller emulator and I have no issues with the dice game in 1.35 (other than the fact that if I throw my dices too hard, they go off the board and are 'discounted' from the match altogether, something that was not the case in TW1)...
  7. Y

Who wants more dungeons?

I don't mind 'clear that area' type quests, but I really hate having to deal with the same respawning monsters again and again every time I backtrack an area (one of the things I really hated about TW1 that, fortunately, was not as bad in TW2), because combat starts to feel like a 'chore' rather...
  8. Y

Help with installing graphics drivers

What about ATI support forums (do they have one?). Can't help you, I have an nVidia card (though they do have a forum, they're not likely to help you much with ATI issues).
  9. Y

Who wants more dungeons?

Too much fighting in this game for my taste. 'Boss fights' I like, unique encounters that end in fighting, I like, but I hate dungeon crawling and random monsters--especially respawning ones. It's just so....mindless. Diablo...argh.
  10. Y

Help with installing graphics drivers

Wrong forum. You will probably get more attention if this was moved to the Tech Support forum. Have you tried posting at Dell's support forums?
  11. Y

Dice Game issue since 1.35 and XBOX controller for Windows

Did you select dices to be re-rolled?
  12. Y

Might make a lot of enemies here, but...

I've not read any of the stories (mental note: gotta find some time to do that!) but based on the dialogue writing for TW1 and TW2, I totally agree. If anything, it gives the Witcher world a kind of 'distinct feel.' In fact, I think this game does a much better job of conveying feudal beliefs...
  13. Y

It's a fantasy world, and keep in mind it's based on stories originally written in Polish. The slangs and everyday vernacular used by the people in this world are not going to correspond to what we expect from our geographical and historical 'frame' that loosely informs this fantasy setting...
  14. Y

Hm...seriously, you are disappointed with the entire game because of one scene from the prologue (which is actually quite convincing in portraying the fantasy-medieval camp of a siege army, IMO)? The king is supposed to rally his man before battle, and his nobles are suppose to cheer and kiss...
  15. Y

Am I the only one who can't play this game with a mouse?

It's not a bad suggestion per se. It's a single player game so I always respect the fact that the players can do whatever they want and should not have to be subjected to inflammatory remarks or ridicule ('cheating is lame' or 'why cheat? you ruin the game'). Personally, I feel you should do at...
Top Bottom