Option to disable opponent card highlights

+
Option to disable opponent card highlights

In my opinion, it serves little purpose and should be optional.

I don't wanna see rapidly blinking disco light cards while waiting for my turn. Some players are switching their focus like crazy and this is very distracting. Of course most of them do it unintentionally and probably I'm doing it as well.

It should be an option because most people like it and plan accordingly. It's actually quite possible to accurately guess your opponents level of anxiety and/or determination with this feature but I don't really care about it. Sometimes you can see the card you play change their plans and they're gonna play a different card instead of the one they previously thought but that's really not that crucial and gamechanging since you are can't know the outcome anyway.

They can see my highlights, I don't care. I just don't wanna see theirs.

I always thought the rapid movement is so you would miss what part of the hand is being played from. Knowing where the gold or silver section begins gives opponents an idea of hand composition.

Wonderboy8700;n10103781 said:
I always thought the rapid movement is so you would miss what part of the hand is being played from. Knowing where the gold or silver section begins gives opponents an idea of hand composition.

Enemy hand is never in order from your side. They see their hand in regular order but you see it in random.

Option to disable opponent's active card highlighting

This might seem like a very small thing, but it drives me crazy.

I encounter many opponents who are constantly and quickly dragging their mouse on and off of their cards or hand, it's painful to my eyes when the highlight is constantly flickering.

I've watched enough card players on Twitch to know that this is just the process of some players when they're thinking, but I find the effect so annoying I have to alt-tab until their turn is over.

An option to disable this feature or maybe just making the effect softer would help.

It's information. I don't know why you guys would want to get rid of it. It allows you to guess what your opponent is considering to play.

Gives up the option to remove the highltight of cards opponent is looking at

Please, I know you think this is a cool feature, but it is annoying like hell. Some opponents are highlighting their cards rythmically and alternatively, as if they were playing the piano. There is no way they are reading their cards, they change from one card to another too fast. They are either doing it as a nervous tick or to annoy their opponent.

Since seeing what the opponent is looking at is supposed to be a benefit we can exploit, why cannot we have an option in graphic settings to renounce to this "benefit" and stop the maddening highlighting of cards? It is driving me insane!

I think it is a cool feature to outsmart your opponents. For example a Reveal deck: Highlight your spells so he will see that you looking at that card and maybe he would like the same too. And revealing spells is a good counter play so we won t be able to boost his cards with the spotter or swap the powers. My opinion. Idk but this should be added to the mute button if it isn t already, when you mute your enemy you will stop seeing his highlights too.

I agree with this suggestion, since it explicitly states "option to".

I've often wished I didn't have to see the red highlight moving around as my opponent examines their -- or worse, my -- cards. Same goes for graveyards.

So I am not the only one that is being driven insane by the disco lights! Please, please make it optional. I am sure some people cannot even play the game because the blinking gives them seizures. I cannot stand it to see their hands highlighing to one card to another like crazy. They can see my highlights if they want, I dont mind that, I just dont want to see their morse code signaling or whatever it is they are trying to do.

Even if you think it is a cool feature, it should be an OPTION for those of us that do NOT want to see it. I hate it and I dont want it!

Last edited:
I like it. I get a sense of what the other player is thinking. If I see that they're constantly checking each card I play that indicates to me that they're inexperienced and don't know what to expect from my deck. If I notice long pauses that indicates that they either don't have a specific strategy in mind or the card I just played disrupted their strategy and now they're considering what to do next. There's a lot you can gather just from paying attention to what your opponent is looking at.

Varrzin;n10625532 said:
I like it. I get a sense of what the other player is thinking. If I see that they're constantly checking each card I play that indicates to me that they're inexperienced and don't know what to expect from my deck. If I notice long pauses that indicates that they either don't have a specific strategy in mind or the card I just played disrupted their strategy and now they're considering what to do next. There's a lot you can gather just from paying attention to what your opponent is looking at.

I get your point but It's not always true about the pause though.
I usually pause when I have the situation firmly under control, just to make sure I don't miss something and make my math properly because there is nothing more frustrating than losing when you were ahead because you did a dumb move.

GenLiu;n10625761 said:
I get your point but It's not always true about the pause though.
I usually pause when I have the situation firmly under control, just to make sure I don't miss something and make my math properly because there is nothing more frustrating than losing when you were ahead because you did a dumb move.

True. I'm not exactly taking these observations as gospel. Sometimes it's just for enjoyment. It's funny seeing a long pause after destroying a card that was integral to the opponents main strategy.

Top Bottom