GWENT: Ask a Dev

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct me if i'm wrong. Half of 7 rounded up is 4 while rounded down will equivalent to 3? How come Artis' half damage is rounded up while Ulfheidinn and Axeman is rounded down?

Because they are fun to play and fun to design. We understand the notion that most competitive players would only like consistent cards, but these cards are simply not fun to design and play around with.

Hello Burza, fun is good for the game and we all like it, having a little RNG is not bad - but for example, the new card revealed Musicians of Blaviken (beautiful art congratulations to all) has 4 body and 6 of provision, she does not pay her cost - it does not make sense to use her anywhere, why not put Vitality as well as possible status for her to receive? Or even Bleeding? (another effect, but now negative).

If she got Vitality or Dominance she would pay herself, that would be smart and a possible card to use / or put that she earns two status, it would also be cool and fun, but without Vitality what is the advantage of the card?

Even with RNG the card needs to have some value for the game and all players would like this - example Gascon, put + power at its base value, then even with the RNG it may have some value.

Anyway, sorry for the words, I love your work and I am doing Twitch and Youtube (TheMG7) content for Brazil, I hope you can read those words and understand the idea behind.

Hey Burza, are there any plans for arena to reward expansion kegs instead of normal kegs once the expansion releases(a system that is present in Hearthstone and that works very well there)?

Will all cards in the expansion release with their premiums? Or will some premiums come later, like happened with some of the Midwinter cards?

Is pitfall trap not triggering on a blue dreamed card an intended mechanic or a bug. It definitely should trigger going by the card descriptions and every other interaction in the game but it does not. This has existed for a while and is quite frustrating.

Hello Burza, I would have a question regarding kegs and the new expansion. Let's say I buy or win some kegs prior to the expansion coming out. If I open them after the expansion is live, will I get the new cards in them as well or will they contain only cards from the standard homecoming version? Thank you.

Hi Burza!

That new Legendary Unseen Elder Skin is Awesome!!!
Are you Guys planning to add more Legendary Skins to buy?

Thank you!

Is the RNG distribution going to be looked at? iirc someone actually tracked the likelihood that when revealing a card in the opponents deck it was statistically significant outside of the probability that it would show the same one again. Also the random targetting when something pings a bunch just seems off like way more 9 pings went on these 2 units out of 5 exclusively than you could possibly expect.

Hello Burza,

Today come with a very simple question: when is Slama getting a Gwent card of his own? That guy really deserves that honor, joining you in the pantheon of those immortalized in Gwent.

1. Are there gonna be more skins like this that change the leaders weapon and animations?
2. Also, I know I keep asking this but will there be new card arts for the leader skins?
Now that Unseen Elder's got the armor I wanna see art of it!! It is quite frustrating to not have different card art when Unseen, Gerni, Woodland, Eldain, Brouver (and pretty much every other leader) have great Skin Card Art opportunities.. Please think about this...

Removed answered question and formatted the other questions for easier reading.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Burza, mega hyped for Crimson Curse, I cannot wait!

One question, regardless of CDPRs' future plans, if we were to see another Thronebreaker standalone single player campaign, who would you like to see as the main focus?

Suggestions and bugs don't go in this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

Guest 4344268

Hi Burza,

I'm sure it's been asked before, but can you give us an update on whether PS4 or Xbox players will ever be able to access their accounts through GOG so that we can also play on PC? Thanks.

Hello.
This is more a suggestion but any plans on:
1) letting us access options in game, at least the sound, from the forfeit part of options?
2) Removing the "lock" on P2 during P1's first turn? Because currently, between mulligan and your 1st turn (as P2), you can't click anything - emotes, right-click cards, etc. - you can only mouse-over stuff.
3) Letting us access token's own card pages by right-clicking them on their "parent" card's page? For instance currently you can't look at shupe's token's token abilities. And you can't look at token arts in their full glory without going to game and spawning them there.

EDIT: 4) Are there any plans on making Shupe less competitive? Because it seems he was designed to be fun card (not just thematically, but also his ability), which is why he's also RNG, but currently his power-level is competitive.

Last edited:
Dear Burza.
I have a Question about Bloodmoon.
Since the special card 'Crimson Curse" spawns 2 row boons that lasts for X turns where X is the sacrificed creature's power, does it count the turn it spawned as the first turn or the first time it gives a boost as the first turn?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom