The day CP 2077.... on E3

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
What I expect to see at E3? Hmmm...

The screen is going dark.
Silence falls upon the audience.
The darkness still lingers on.
Suddenly the first notes of Spoiler by Hyper start playing.
The red string of code flies across the screen.
A new footage is loaded.
Trailer starts with wide shot of Night City engulfed in night.
Mike Pondsmith deep voice says "To be a true Cyberpunk you need to follow three basic rules."
Footage is playing in 5 fps. Then crashes and starts playing again and again.
Mike still repeats the same sentence over and over again.
Someone screams from behind the scenes in an exotic language: Co za chuj zostawił zawirusowany USB Stick w komputerze?!
Pale Marcin Iwiński comes out on stage while wearing the fancy blue jacket from one of the first concept arts.
Annouces that because of technical difficulties the presentation is cancelled and they will release the footage at later date.
People are upset.
Meanwhile, some guy named (let's say) Randy walks down the corridor at E3.
He thinks to himself how the CP booth that he visited before conference wasn't exactly what he hoped for.
Realises he forgot he's USB Stick with some vital "footage".
Says to himself: "Oh well, it's not like they can trace it back to me".
Then suddenly right before him he sees an imposing bearded black man in a sunglasses and fancy blue jacket.
The man in front of him unsheats katana.
Before Randy is even able to react, man suddenly disappears.
Right before his back Randy hears a deep, cool sounding voice.
"Psst. Personnel responsibility, kid".

They said it in a way that there would be no pop-stars, as in plural.
No one said that there will no pop-star present at the CP E3 booth ;) as in singular.
Just for the sake of clarity, what he actually said in the end of the sentence was "So we dismiss that rumour", which I don't think was translated into English. So unless they intentionally play dumb, news about Lady Gaga being involved in Cyberpunk 2077 is a song of the past.

What about they tell us that the 2nd AAA they are developing is Game Of Thrones?? and comes out after the final episode!!!???

Night Trailer/Gameplay
Please no Sun
1917680.png

What about they tell us that the 2nd AAA they are developing is Game Of Thrones?? and comes out after the final episode!!!???

Right about now I'm 95% sure that second AAA game being worked on right now is Cyberpunk online mode, which will be released as a separate game, similar to Gwent.

- standalone Gwent was still listed as AAA game by Adam Badowski at LinkedIn, despite being a production much smaller in scale then Witcher 3, which makes it possible for Cyberpunk multiplayer to be considered one as well

- Adam Kiciński at the recent financial conferences asked not to speculate about what this second AAA game is, which I believe is his way of saying to not hype it up too much, so people wouldn't start assuming it's going to be The Witcher 4 or something like that

- CDPR made an exclusive deal with Digital Scapes, which specialized in making online components for other games, to help them work on Cyberpunk and one of the job offers they have listed for them notes they look for people who have experience with first person games, multiplayer games, networking and matchmaking

- at the recent financial conference it has been stated that it will be production much smaller in terms of team and budget then Witcher 3 and Cyberpunk 2077. With the ability to use assets and basic gameplay mechanics developed for Cyberpunk 2077, making a full online component would be definitely much cheaper and wouldn't require that many people.

Right about now I'm 95% sure that second AAA game being worked on right now is Cyberpunk online mode, which will be released as a separate game, similar to Gwent.

- standalone Gwent was still listed as AAA game by Adam Badowski at LinkedIn, despite being a production much smaller in scale then Witcher 3, which makes it possible for Cyberpunk multiplayer to be considered one as well

- Adam Kiciński at the recent financial conferences asked not to speculate about what this second AAA game is, which I believe is his way of saying to not hype it up too much, so people wouldn't start assuming it's going to be The Witcher 4 or something like that

- CDPR made an exclusive deal with Digital Scapes, which specialized in making online components for other games, to help them work on Cyberpunk and one of the job offers they have listed for them notes they look for people who have experience with first person games, multiplayer games, networking and matchmaking

- at the recent financial conference it has been stated that it will be production much smaller in terms of team and budget then Witcher 3 and Cyberpunk 2077. With the ability to use assets and basic gameplay mechanics developed for Cyberpunk 2077, making a full online component would be definitely much cheaper and wouldn't require that many people.
I agree, and I've suggested this possibility a few times, for precisely the reasons you laid out at the end there.

Most of the work is already done in terms of assets, and I can't imagine that they could develop any other decent AAA RPG -- no matter how "limited" in scope -- to their level of quality completely from scratch in 2 (or less - remember, Cyberpunk 2077 will have DLC) years.

Since no Polish sites mentioned her once, I'm going with the likelihood that the Gaga rumor was just clickbait. It was put up by a french gaming site.

Yeah, but Adam Kicinski straight up said "We are debunking this rumour" in polish, so I don't think semantics really matter in this case.

That sucks. This is gonna be hard IP to sell to players, so celebrity fuelled series would have been one way to go, imho. Closest thing to Cyberpunk is Deux Ex and it has only sold 8 mill copies since launch, this genre isnt exactly booming like Fantasy is etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom