Cyberpunk 2077 at E3 2019

+
Oh FFS are they serious? C'mon... Sorry if I can't ask my boss for a week off to travel to the other side of the world spending several thousands euros to watch a gameplay showcase. In 2019, when streaming is a thing and youtube exists since 2005.

I get the behind closed doors, so journalists and influencers can have some rimming done in exchange for free advertisement, but the "normal" attendants? You want to make them feel more special? Give them a pen with the cyberpunk logo, there's no need to punish millions of people. Goddamn, this is ridiculous.

VIP: you get a special 60 minutes long presentation, cool gadgets for free and at some point they'll invite you to try the game;
E3 attendants: special presentation, not as good as the one for VIP, you're still a dirty peasant, but you paid the ticket, so here's something for you;
Dirty peasants who can't go to E3, because, you know, it's 10k km away: oh, watch MS' conference, if you're lucky you can watch a little gameplay. You want more? Open you're own youtube channel, looser.

I honestly didn't expect this from CDPR. EA? sure, not from CDPR.
Actually EA makes a full day event where you can try games as well, draw your conclusions.

Very much looking forward to Yong yea and other YT shills praising the game to high heavens ”omg, never seen anything like this, a new standard” and gaming sites echoing that with ”lines up with the best shooters out there, this game is a dream for fans of high octane action and storytelling”. All with a focus on vague information about trivialities and repetition of already known stuff.

Business as usual.

:D

Very much looking forward to Yong yea and other YT shills praising the game to high heavens ”omg, never seen anything like this, a new standard” and gaming sites echoing that with ”lines up with the best shooters out there, this game is a dream for fans of high octane action and storytelling”. All with a focus on vague information about trivialities and repetition of already known stuff.

Business as usual.

:D
Maybe I'm being conspiratorial but think of the ad revenue generated by youtubers and game sites when they cover anything Cyberpunk from E3.

I honestly didn't expect this from CDPR. EA? sure, not from CDPR.
Actually EA makes a full day event where you can try games as well, draw your conclusions.
Come on, no need to be dramatic. As I said before, they are handling it the same way they already did with The Witcher 3 at E3 2014, so that's kinda expected.

As for what Lilayah said, she stated that they won't be streaming any footage from E3 (which they never do), but she never said they won't release anything publically.

Come on, no need to be dramatic. As I said before, they are handling it the same way they already did with The Witcher 3 at E3 2014, so that's kinda expected.

As for what Lilayah said, she stated that they won't be streaming any footage from E3 (which they never do), but she never said they won't release anything publically.

If they release any public footage, it sounds like it will be after E3. By public footage I mean footage from either of the extended demos. We may get something shorter at MS stage.

Maybe I'm being conspiratorial but think of the ad revenue generated by youtubers and game sites when they cover anything Cyberpunk from E3.

Oh yeah. The positive visibility is guaranteed.

I’m just chuckling about the (nigh) predictable reactions and how little they actually say.

Oh yeah. The positive visibility is guaranteed.

I’m just chuckling about the (nigh) predictable reactions and how little they actually say.
That's the real problem. I couldn't care less of youtubers, I ingore all of them, the problem comes with press that rarely asks the important questions, mainly useless stuff like "which games inspired you?". Like we already know noone will ever ask them "are enemies magically bullet sponges if level higher than V? How does loot system work"?
Because no, we need CDPR to tell us again that night and rain exist in night city.

If they release any public footage, it sounds like it will be after E3. By public footage I mean footage from either of the extended demos. We may get something shorter at MS stage.
That's what I've been saying. This is how they did it for E3 2014, so probably they are sticking to the same strategy,

the problem comes with press that rarely asks the important questions

I think there's a certain unwritten rule that the large audience isn't really interested in the nitty gritty of how the game works and plays systemically, so those questions don't get asked.

That's doubly or triply true from the perspective of people like me, since almost no one (of the large audience) wants or expects the kinds of things I do. I have absolutely no interest in any sort of "oh wow" effect.

Last edited:
I think there's a certain unwritten rule that the large audience isn't really interested in the nitty gritty of how the game works and plays systemically, so those questions don't get asked.
Yeah, I'm perfectly aware of that. I'm not blaming them for their work, I just see it as a problem from my perspective. You can understand a good part of those things from a presentation, the problem is we are not getting it unless we decide to travel to LA and find a ticket for E3, since it must be "exclusive".
I wouldn't be surprised if someone drops a "oh, but you can see the game in Germany in august, worry not!", like I want to waste my days off to go to Cologne (which is not even a nice city except for the cathedral, btw) and queue with kids half my age.

BTW, I know a couple of guys from the press who are attending the behind closed doors, let's see if I can convince them to pay attention to some gameplay details, if not ask directly.

Don't know about you guys but I'm just gonna sit back, relax and enjoy the show (might even take a day off so I can watch the whole damn thing, it starts at like 23:00 here). I'm just hoping for pre-orders:beer:

It’d be awesome if you can get them to do that. No harm in asking directly either.
it's not guaranteed, but if they find something out during the presentation (or ask devs), they'll let us know (given that CDPR allows them to do it, they're professionals, ofc). I'll write whatever I'll find out on the forum, don't worry, you guys will just need to trust my skills in translating in english. :ROFLMAO:

Obviously the best would be to have some answers directly from devs on the forum/twitter/whatever after E3, but this decision of not streaming the public presentation destroyed my hopes.

It would not make sense not to post trailers and such they show publicly in E3 to their Youtube channel.

Still letting game journos and Youtube click-baiter shills like Yongyea watch private demo and do "impressions" is really lame.

Still letting game journos and Youtube click-baiter shills like Yongyea watch private demo and do "impressions" is really lame.

I wanna hope that everyone is over reacting, hopefully CDPR has some things up their sleeves. The worst part is though, again this year the "professionals" get to check something out while real fans will be left waiting. Most of the people who get to see stuff before anyone do not give a dong about Cyberpunk. They want to get the info before anyone else because of the ad revenue, it's the same thing as news media fighting to get a story first.
[...}
Lots of times these "special ones" also have opinions that really suck and they are not as "influencial" as people think.
I'm not mad... just disappointed...jkjk

I am glad that CDPR is communicating (a bit) with us as this all unfolds and I hope they give us a little peace of mind before E319. They also posted everything they showed after it was shown last yr, so we will see it sometime, but it is lame (af) that I'm going to be listening to the opinions of "pro game journalists" before someone like @TheNeonArcade because he can't make it. It's not painful...well, eh sometimes...to watch them, but I would rather support real fans of Cyberpunk. I want a real fans take on things that I don't get to see.

After all that, CDPR is going to do what ever they want. I'm fine with it. They are still doing things that are absolutely amazing compared to other studios. Have you noticed the buttstorm that is coming towards the loot box handlers?
Yikes fo real...like whoa.
If they deserve it, or not, is another question, but there are many reasons why I stand beside CDPR and what they do.

Edited. -Drac

Last edited by a moderator:
The annoying thing is this may all revolve around advertising. As someone who has been here a long time, I know that in the past, CDPR operated more like an open and honest indie dev- basically what FWH is now. They have been increasingly stepping away from that.

I hate advertising, but it does bring in a bunkton of money when done right. I'm glad that CDPR is at a place where they can make a game like Cyberpunk because of what kind of money they have made. If they work on the community around Cyberpunk and keep a open/honest approach then they end up having clients for life. Most businesses know that a good chunk of money, maybe even most of the profit, is from returning customers/clients. If 2077 is amazing then they will get the same people wanting more with whatever the next Cyberpunk game is. They sell more merch. They get more investors.
If it turns out like failures from other studios...then...well...we can always try burning out the memories with a hot icepick.

I don't think it will be like that, but there's a whole community of people that just want to be included.
Notice me CDPR. Notice meee.

I hate advertising, but it does bring in a bunkton of money when done right.

Depends on the kind of advertising. What worked in the past with Witcher 3 etc is not necessarily the best thing right now.
I bet people care less about impressions or reviews than before, they want to see their favorite streamers showcasing the games instead. This is marketing strategy that propped up Apex Legends. Sure when content dried up all these streamers jumped ship, but it was effective.

Top Bottom