Unofficial Cyberpunk 2077 FAQ!

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yong Yea actually mentions the Heroes but in answering Mateus doesn`t .
Here is the relevant bit:

Y: Now in the previous demo, during the character customization, there was an option for childhood hero. You could select Silverhand. Was it Blackhand? As well as Arasaka. Do you ... can you talk a bit about that? What that entails? What that does?

M: Well to be honest at this point where still working on the character creation. As you have could have seen, we have a work in progress version of it. This both applies to what facial features you can use and choices like the one you mentioned. The ones [plural, referring back to character creation choices] we have set in stone for now are the lifepaths [again plural]. Like the origin of your hero, which means like, for example, street kid that was living on the streets and that knows well the dealing of the gangs and can use it to there advantage. A nomad, so you know some one who travels between the interstates and they have different kinds of experiences.

Y: Corporate as well.

M: Exactly. Like someone who climbed the corporate ladder and knows how they work and how they think. And this impacts a lot of dialogues throughout the game.

Y: Yeah, right. Certain dialogues you could only see is you were a corporate, or a nomad.

M: Exactly, exactly.

The specific choice he's talking about is an example from multiple lifepath choices ... at least that's the way the sentence's structure works. Granted the grammer could just be wrong, but that is the clearest interpretation IMO. Also this particular choice they discuss does not contradict any of the ones from last year. Here would a possible result of the full slate, if the four we have seen are in:

(1) Street kid vs Nomad vs Corpo - effect how you are perceived by various factions and dialogue flavor
(2) Silverhand vs Blackhand vs Arasaka - effects starting point of relationship with Johnny (the character with the most lines other than V), as well as dialogue flavor
(3) Death of a Sibling vs Ran Away from Home vs First Big Kill - Unique Historical Questline explaining who V was and is, unique NPCs, dialogues
(4) In Night City to find Ex Lover vs Prove yourself vs Settle Unfinished Business - Unique Current Events Questline explain her motivation for being in Night City, unique NPCs, dialogues

That would give us a fairly well rounded picture of who V has been and is. It would also seem fairly late in the process to rewrite those lifepaths, as they would be changing the script of the game revolving around the central question of who V is. That's stuff that would be pretty central to the story most likely. Not the sort of thing to be messing with later in development.

TL;DR, Could they have scrapped some? Sure. Is it the most likely scenario? IMO, no.

Last edited:
I wonder how in depth is the character creation will it be more like monster hunter the world where you just choose between a bunch of presets or will it be more detailed like Sims 4 where we can about actually personalize how our character's looks and not just with clothing.

Isn't "Childhood Hero" part of the Lifepath?
Maybe, but we don't know anymore. It was in the 48 minute demo, sure, but perhaps they changed their mind for the reasons I and Suhiira have stated in the past.

But perhaps not! I genuinely have no idea. Maybe someone should ask them.

EDIT: Only saw @Rawls post after this. Good points. I disagree with your interpretation of the grammar (lifepaths could refer to the choices, not the questions), but I'll remain cautiously optimistic.

Here is the relevant bit:

The specific choice he's talking about is an example from multiple lifepath choices ... at least that's the way the sentence's structure works. Granted the grammer could just be wrong, but that is the clearest interpretation IMO. Also this particular choice they discuss does not contradict any of the ones from last year. Here would a possible result of the full slate, if the four we have seen are in:

(1) Street kid vs Nomad vs Corpo - effect how you are perceived by various factions and dialogue flavor
(2) Silverhand vs Blackhand vs Arasaka - effects starting point of relationship with Johnny (the character with the most lines other than V), as well as dialogue flavor
(3) Death of a Sibling vs Ran Away from Home vs First Big Kill - Unique Historical Questline explaining who V was and is, unique NPCs, dialogues
(4) In Night City to find Ex Lover vs Prove yourself vs Settle Unfinished Business - Unique Current Events Questline explain her motivation for being in Night City, unique NPCs, dialogues

That would give us a fairly well rounded picture of who V has been and is. It would also seem fairly late in the process to rewrite those lifepaths, as they would be changing the script of the game revolving around the central question of who V is. That's stuff that would be pretty central to the story most likely. Not the sort of thing to be messing with later in development.

TL;DR, Could they have scrapped some? Sure. Is it the most likely scenario? IMO, no.

I hope your right and there`s room for all of those choices , i just didn`t interpert it that way . (y)

all removed:(
Backstory2.jpg

So... Three lifepath choices remaining, or is he just saying the childhood hero parts are gone and the rest have "changed quite a bit" (with no details given)?

If it's just three, that's just fucked up.

So... Three lifepath choices remaining, or is he just saying the childhood hero parts are gone and the rest have "changed quite a bit" (with no details given)?

If it's just three, that's just fucked up.
Childhood heroes are 100 % out, the lifepath is new addition, which wasnt in the 2018 build. The rest im not sure you might be right that they are still here but with some changes.

please allow us to at east have the option to move in game! i hate that we can now only have 1 place to life with no options :(

Curiosity: how many CEs have been produced?

What can we do to have the Italian dubbing Reeves / Luca Ward?

So until I see actual in-game footage of CP2077 being played I won't be buying it, because I don't even know if I can play it.

Well, as long as combat goes there is heavy melee and smartguns which if I understand well will not require player skill, just to waste ressources in it, so like me you'll probably be able to play for the story even if you don't like combats.
Post automatically merged:

Yeah, you've mentioned that a few times some time ago. Well, smart guns do seem like one option, though not ideal obviously in terms of weapon variety (I believe there will be more types than just smart SMGs, however).

The worst I thought about smartguns is that they vampirise the potential existense of an "RPG mode", where you would just have to "lock on" an enemy and then when you would hit the trigger your character would shoot at the target with a precision based on his skill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom