Did you get bored of The Witcher 3?

+
Currently I am considering reliving the adventure once more but this time will try to do every quest. I knew this game would be amazing while playing and I realized once I am done with the main story I will pretty much want more so I made an effort to not do most of the Witcher contracts or side quests. And not explore the "?". There are huge chunks of the map undiscovered in all regions. Toussaint is pretty much untouched outside the places where the story takes place. I finished the base game and 2 DLCs in 104 hours on my 2nd playthroughs.

I played Wild Hunt 2x, Hearts of Stone 2x and Blood and Wine 2x.

I am thinking of starting from the beginning on a 3rd playthrough but have doubts..Dont want to get bored of it. It left a bittersweet ending when I was done with B&W.

So how many times have you played this amazing game and have you got bored?

So how many times have you played this amazing game and have you got bored?
Many, many times, and no. I always do everything but the main storylines though (as in, prioritize side quests and exploring over main quests), so it's never the exact same thing over and over. There's always something new to find when I start a new playthrough, which by itself is enough to prevent boredom.

Some parts of the base game main story can feel dull at times because they're not my favourite quests and I've done them so many times. But in general, it's been 3½ years for me (I started after HoS had come out) and I've never been truly bored of the game.

(I also like finding ways to "waste" time doing absolutely nothing productive, such as Aarding/punching hanged corpses or following NPCs around. That's more than likely a significant factor in the equation.)

Completed the main game three times and never got bored. B&W had the perfect ending for me and so - after more than 400 hours - I retired Geralt without regret. He deserved it!

Although... I'm sure I'll return to the game at some point and go for number four :D

Completed the main game three times and never got bored. B&W had the perfect ending for me and so - after more than 400 hours - I retired Geralt without regret. He deserved it!

Although... I'm sure I'll return to the game at some point and go for number four :D

400 hours WOW

I crossed the 100 hour mark by just 4 hours.
Outside the main story is there really few more 100 hours more?

400 hours WOW

I crossed the 100 hour mark by just 4 hours.
Outside the main story is there really few more 100 hours more?

During my first playthrough, I didn't cross that mark. At that point, I was more focused on the main story (probably took me 60 to 70 hours, just for the main game - I did get my ideal ending though).

But during my second and third playthrough, I really took my time and explore everything there is in this world. And then CDPR released the two expansions, which are also pretty big. And I spend a lot of time playing Gwent :D - really, a lot.

Wasn't easy for me to leave this world :D

During my first playthrough, I didn't cross that mark. At that point, I was more focused on the main story (probably took me 60 to 70 hours, just for the main game - I did get my ideal ending though).

But during my second and third playthrough, I really took my time and explore everything there is in this world. And then CDPR released the two expansions, which are also pretty big. And I spend a lot of time playing Gwent :D - really, a lot.

Wasn't easy for me to leave this world :D

First playthrough took me 45 hours to finish the main story. I also got my idol ending. I even remember and wrote down the dates I finished the game on my 1st and 2nd playthroughts. Never cared that much before for a game.

I think its time for my 3rd playthrough and really see what is out there.. I will really take my time this time.

It is sure not easy to leave this world. :)
I still remember the main story pretty well even though it has been nearly a year since I finished it for the 2nd time. It is a very memorable game.

Bought game in february 2018 and right now I am on 7 playthrought. I didnt get bored at all its my favorite game ever, nothing comes even close. I usually beat the game, buy one or two new, beat them and then return to witcher.

Honestly I will probably keep playing this game forever.

Bought game in february 2018 and right now I am on 7 playthrought. I didnt get bored at all its my favorite game ever, nothing comes even close. I usually beat the game, buy one or two new, beat them and then return to witcher.

Honestly I will probably keep playing this game forever.

Nice 7 playthroughs

Brought the game in December 2017 and finished Wild Hunt for the 1st time on the 14th of march 2018.
Did mostly the story and very few contracts and side quests, 45 hours.

Nice 7 playthroughs

Brought the game in December 2017 and finished Wild Hunt for the 1st time on the 14th of march 2018.
Did mostly the story and very few contracts and side quests, 45 hours.
As said I am on 7 playthrought beat main game 6 times and both expansions 3 times. Despite all this I like never fully explored map. I completed all ? marks in velen only 2 times, Toussaint just once, Skellige never. I beat all main quests, witcher contracts and complete all side quests that I know about. Problem is I always follow minimap so I miss a lot of side quests and big area is left unexplored. Even yesterday I found completely new quest.

My first playthrough was about 80 hours, not counting a few restarts or either expansion. Subsequent playthroughs were between 50-100 hours. I have finished 5. (I would have had 6, but a hard-drive crash ruined my TW3+HoS+B&W run. I've never done both expansions with in the same playthrough before, so that's still on the bucket list!)

And nope, I've never gotten bored with it. Plus, even during the 6th game, I was still finding quests and encounters I had never come across before.

My first playthrough was about 80 hours, not counting a few restarts or either expansion. Subsequent playthroughs were between 50-100 hours. I have finished 5. (I would have had 6, but a hard-drive crash ruined my TW3+HoS+B&W run. I've never done both expansions with in the same playthrough before, so that's still on the bucket list!)

And nope, I've never gotten bored with it. Plus, even during the 6th game, I was still finding quests and encounters I had never come across before.

6 playthroughs and still finding new quests, just goes to show how much content CDPR packed into this game.

"Burnt out" would be the better word.

I recently finished the game 100% completion (only a few treasure hunts left, but finally got around to finishing B&W) and still haven't explored every question mark on the maps. I've had the game since its release. Don't get me wrong, great game, but when you get caught up with all the little side quest and you have completionism issues like me where you feel the urge to complete everything in the area before moving on and coming back to it, you have to log a lot of hours just to get to the point where it's time to advance the story.

They do a good job of blending it though and allowing you to choose... but personally I have the tendency to get really distracted and immersed in the world and it takes me a year or four to beat a game and all of it's DLC.

Top Bottom