FPP/TPP Perspective Thread OPEN. Be NICE.

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t wait to play this shit. Excuse my language mods. The FPP thing kinda grew on me. I feel as long as I know I’m playing a bad ass character and I have every opportunity to make him/her look exactly how I want him/her to look and I get to look at him/her in the pause menu and mirrors, etc, I feel I can actually connect and BE the character more. It’s kinda like real life in where you dress yourself and just go. See through the eyes of the beholder. Just give it a chance, I guarantee you’ll learn to love it. Plus the abilities look so cool. I’m really proud of CD Projekt Red. Little salty that because I can’t attend E3, I can’t see gameplay (can’t afford to go) but I can wait as I thought about how with RDR 2, I didn’t see ANY gameplay until a day before release. Plus, more food for thought: what will you spend about 80% if the game doing? Driving. And guess what can be in TPP? Driving. You have to drive to get wherever you’re going in the game or ride. Just think about that. Even when you’re not in a mission and you’re just free roaming, 9 times outta 10 you’ll be driving around the city just looking and sight seeing. Driving V’s new sweet rides he/she got with his/her latest fixer mission. It’s gonna be awesome.

Last edited:
I’m still worried about the first person perspective, but I totally get the artistic and technical decisions behind it. My hope is that CDPR will add some accessibility features in the options to help people like me with motion sickness.

I'd like TPP more because I like watching my things getting upgraded. Also watching female character is a plus.

But FPP gets me more fps and more immersion.

Now that so much time and money has been invested in FPP, then just go with FPP. FPP gets a vote from me.

me no.2: but what about looking at your shiny upgrades and armor?? didn't you just say you'd like that too?
me no.3: yeah i said that. i believe there's mirror in the game so use the mirror u idiot.

I'd like TPP more because I like watching my things getting upgraded. Also watching female character is a plus.

But FPP gets me more fps and more immersion.

Now that so much time and money has been invested in FPP, then just go with FPP. FPP gets a vote from me.

me no.2: but what about looking at your shiny upgrades and armor?? didn't you just say you'd like that too?
me no.3: yeah i said that. i believe there's mirror in the game so use the mirror u idiot.

I would say that's been the general consensus for a large number of players, but I completely get the approach the devs are going for, especially when dealing with the verticality and level of detail they wanted. Experiencing that from first-person is a drastically different feeling than experiencing it from third-person.

Plus, characters will have body awareness (look down and you see torso and limbs). Inventory will represent a full, 3D model of your character. And there will be plenty of cutscenes where your character will be displayed.

Now i played alot Shooters in First Person (i do like this perspective) and yet i can understand why peoples like TTP . I liked the shoulder TTP alot in mass effect and in that game it was proven that it runs well in a FPS themed game. Best case would be indeed an option where u can choose.

Last edited:
Hi
Is anyone still dissatisfied with the decision to focus the game on first person only or are you happy with that decision?Since i saw the trailer i could understand why they choosed to go full first person and in my opinion it was the best choice because the immersion is much better especially for that world.Lg

I like the idea of full 1st person. I think it will have a much bigger impact on the feeling of scenes. Full support of FPP only from me

"Some" cutscenes are said to be in 3rd person. Like in the 48 minute demo when you see V brushing her teeth in her apartment.

And from Podcast with Lilayah it sound like there will be no 3rd person cutscenes, again she didn't really say no 3rd person cutscenes she just say she don't want to talk about it, but to be honest that do not sound too good for 3rd person cutscenes.

And is it a shame.

uploads%2Fstory%2Fthumbnail%2F94729%2F87bbadf6-ba42-450c-ba38-804a04599435.png%2F640x360.png

Hi
Is anyone still dissatisfied with the decision to focus the game on first person only or are you happy with that decision?Since i saw the trailer i could understand why they choosed to go full first person and in my opinion it was the best choice because the immersion is much better especially for that world.Lg
Yup, still dissatisfied with the decision, still think there should be an option, but now convinced it's less because "immersion" and more "it's less work", due to not having to deal with fully animating the player model. With this news that there might not be the previously much-lauded third-person cutscenes, this theory is gaining more and more traction with me.

Yup, still dissatisfied with the decision, still think there should be an option, but now convinced it's less because "immersion" and more "it's less work", due to not having to deal with fully animating the player model. With this news that there might not be the previously much-lauded third-person cutscenes, this theory is gaining more and more traction with me.

The model will probably be fully animated (you can still see all your moving and dagling bits if you look around, plus, mirrors). So i wouldn't give that theory too much credit.

Yup, still dissatisfied with the decision, still think there should be an option, but now convinced it's less because "immersion" and more "it's less work", due to not having to deal with fully animating the player model.
this has been discussed before and the biggest reason is that you cant make a third person camera work properly in certain types of confined spaces and verticality presents other issues (ie, you cant look all the way up in a third person camera). think of how many third person games shift into forced first person when in, say, ventilation ducts, and how cameras spaz out when they collide with the environment.

the "best" workaround to those types of issues is a really tight Third Person, over the shoulder type of deal, A la RE4+ or Evil Within, but those have their own issues.

Hi

Personally, I think failing to reproduce something is worst that doing something totally different, so no, FPP isn't more immersive to me than TPP (unless you are talking about VR FPP with correct a lots of things).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom