This game only optimized for Nvidia GPU's ?

+
Except Playstation wasn't the first console. I remember my first Nintendo. It was a big deal. It wasn't even the first console either. Super Nintendo, various Sega platforms.... Yeah, there have been a lot of consoles over the years. It's not like Xbox and Playstation are the only consoles running around in the here and now either. The only real difference is the same games moved toward releasing at similar dates on both consoles and PC. And, as I said, you can't blame game developers for attempting to push their games on more platforms. More platforms can equal more money. More money is the reason the games are made in the first place.

Regardless, none of this stuff has much to do with optimization for a particular video card type. I'm not saying I agree with any of the stuff you've claimed in those areas (I don't). I'd just rather not get into it.

To me "optimized for X" says the game is designed to most efficiently interact with interface X between the hardware and game. My response to these type of statements made by developers would be, "Okay.". The reason is I.... don't care. It's not going to be the reason I flock to Nvidia GPU's. Granted, I'm not deluded into expressing "loyalty" for Nvidia, AMD, Intel, or any particular game developer. Not when I'm nothing more than a number on a stat sheet to all of them.

Plus, as I said earlier this type of marketing doesn't necessarily mean a non Nvidia GPU is going to run the game like trash. If people with non Nvidia GPU's are concerned about it they should just wait until a healthy supply of reliable benchmarks are done and released before buying the game.

I don't talk about beginnings, which console was the first, which is btw completely irrelevant. The reason why i mention Xbox and Playstation is because PC exclusives are transferred mostly to these 2 platforms.

About optimization for particular video card, it's actually very simple. If one game works much better on one brand, that means it's deliberate. The good things is that majority of devs don't do these dirty tricks, so majority of games performs good with both brands.
Usually who does these dirty tricks is Nvidia, but that's very small percent of games. The devs/publishers don't like this because it means bad publicity for their games.
CDPR is the same. They didn't use dirty tricks in TW3, so i expect the same with CP.

About Nvidia specifically, i was huge fan of their products, but in the last 10 years i use AMD cards. Nividia brainwashing and dirty tricks don't work on me.

You have to optimize to some standard, otherwise it's not optimization.
Most PCs use NVidia based GPUs, it only makes sense to optimize for the most common type of GPU.

That doesn't make sense actually. Good games aren't optimized for one GPU. They use whatever capabilities GPUs have, and maximize their potential on each GPU.

For instance, if they are developing using Vulkan, "optimization" means using whatever extensions are available on particular hardware. And falling back to others (or turning something off) if they aren't available. This logic should not be tied to a GPU type.

Last edited:
Top Bottom