Cyberpunk 2077 select quests are going to make players cry

+
Well, its good hear that the quests are written well... but for me to be able to relate with the characters its not going to be trivial. Many things in the game and the world have to go right. I for one am still struggling to even play witcher 3, because I don't care about its setting (and by extension its characters) in the slightest.

I DO care about cyberpunk setting, but this year CDPR has taken some giant steps in order to alienate me from it. The change of Samurai bands music from awesome to god-awful garbage cannot be understated. News from even more diminished 3rd person camera angles removes the one thing that, in the past, has allowed me to enjoy even otherwise bad games. This is not promising in the slightest. Nothing what they say carries the same weight for me anymore, it is just starting to sound a lot like marketing speech intended to sell a product that is inferior to what was originally promised.

I can understand where your coming from. I'm sort of on the same page and hoping they make something truly amazing.
I also understand that I have a type of autistic uber-interest whenever I get into things I like, so I hope it will not be disappointing. I kind of like seeing these realistic opinions because it keeps my mind grounded far away from the hype.

I am trying to keep an open mind through this pre-game hype stage because a lot of companies see this much hype and get cocky or lazy. I really think it is going to be a great game, not perfect or wildly life changing, but just really cool. It could also suck in many ways, but those things may be taken care of, or polished, when other Cyberpunk titles come out.

The game has to come out and build a following a bit before I can really decide if it is, or isn't, for me. If it has a good community behind it, that truly enjoys the game, then I can see it becoming something that gets improved on over time because of that community.

I'm really interested in what kind of streams, videos, and friendships are going to come out of 2077 game play. It's going to lead into multiplayer to tie it all together, so hopefully CDPR understands what they have and don't end up dropping the ball...

Well, its good hear that the quests are written well... but for me to be able to relate with the characters its not going to be trivial. Many things in the game and the world have to go right. I for one am still struggling to even play witcher 3, because I don't care about its setting (and by extension its characters) in the slightest.

I DO care about cyberpunk setting, but this year CDPR has taken some giant steps in order to alienate me from it. The change of Samurai bands music from awesome to god-awful garbage cannot be understated. News from even more diminished 3rd person camera angles removes the one thing that, in the past, has allowed me to enjoy even otherwise bad games. This is not promising in the slightest. Nothing what they say carries the same weight for me anymore, it is just starting to sound a lot like marketing speech intended to sell a product that is inferior to what was originally promised.
Can you give examples of music you enjoyed, and explain why you don't like the music they're using now? Which music are they using now?
When you mention news of "more diminished 3rd person camera angles" can you elaborate further on that? I just want to know exactly what you mean, and I want to hear it from the source and confirm it because there have been lots of rumors going around, but no solid proof that this is true.
Post automatically merged:

The new CoD is making play testers cry. I wouldn't use that as any gauge of depth or quality....
There is a big difference. When people cry because of a CDPR game, it's because the story is beautiful and moved the player to feel strong emotions. I can't speak for the other example though lol.

Crying / sadness like the Vesemir thing is good but i want to laugh occasionally . Like any interaction with a Rock Troll or the Pan quest with the old lady .:LOL:

I might cry, I might not, I rarely do with products of entertainment anyway... but as long as they suceed in making me care for some characters as much as I did with characters in The Witcher saga then I'm sold :giggle:

About the best I would expect is that a "happy" ending would be, after all of the crap, you make it out with your life. Maybe with a few more scars, a harder heart...Maybe with nothing but the clothes on your back but alive nonetheless.

Could not agree more with everything you said...! :cool:

I hope there's a quest about children being rounded up in a facility and hacker gang using them 24/24 as human cpu until they fry or something. of course I don't want to see children suffer but if you want to make people cry and have mixed feelings like sadness, anger & depression (I would) I'd use the innocence and vulnerability of children for a heart-breaking side quest.

I feel like you in this. When the first trailer went out the one with the heavy agumented girl i was thrilled and i was saying myself "Maybe they could delivers us the game us lover of the pen and paper were waiting ago" then the news went out after the e3 and a lot of the decision taken were just upsetting me in a manner i ended even to defend cd projekt rend when people were insulting a magazine to had called the game shooter. Eventually the demo was public and that was just what i saw a shooter. Then after this e3 a lot of new info started to come out the good ones for me could be counted with the finger on the hand the other ones well. Lame arcade boss battles,levels,perks,double jump magic,Lazer Katanas that shields you from bullets so much for "Cyberpunk is a setting grounded in reality" i seen everything i knew about the setting getting a kick in the face and i have the feeling that us pen and paper fan are not the ones that the game was addressed on.

When you have games in the market like Shadowrun that makes more justice to the pen and paper counterpart or Larian that actually is doing a sequel of a game i love attempting to stay faithful to the setting and the system and you see a company like cd projekt red instead following the "Shooter" direction because generates more sales and hype is sad very sad.

Now i could be wrong but sadly my feelings were correct most of the time. My hype about this game died out completely after the revelation. My faith in the game community well not even mentioning that. As i love Keanu buy a game just because of that is. Well let's just say reflect the current status of the game industry as a whole an industry were people spend moneys and money in sequels that consist in the same game all over again running in corridors and shooting people COD anyone?

I am glad for this news about the emotional questing in the game but that is not enough for me to buy a title that is supposed to be based on a setting i love. Sorry what i seen looks like cyberpunk for sure. But is not cyberpunk.

Not even mentioning the switch from RPG to action adventure in both in the steam page and also on other media. And no don't give me Steam's RPG tag as example because that tag does not mean nothing according with it even ARK is an rpg.

Vattier confirmed is an rpg but i think when you name something you do it for a reason. And switching Cyberpunk2077 from RPG to Action Adventure means a lot.

I am sure this will be a fantastic game but i am also seeing that maybe this will be a terrible Cyberpunk based game.
And i hope to be wrong.
With all the respect i can give.

I hope there's a quest about children being rounded up in a facility and hacker gang using them 24/24 as human cpu until they fry or something. of course I don't want to see children suffer but if you want to make people cry and have mixed feelings like sadness, anger & depression (I would) I'd use the innocence and vulnerability of children for a heart-breaking side quest.
Only If I can run inside and save them all and they all run up to V and say "thanks V you saved us!" and give V hugs. 100% guaranteed to make people cry. :)
a magazine to had called the game shooter. Eventually the demo was public and that was just what i saw a shooter.
CDProjektRed confirmed that you can play the entire game without killing anyone, so shooting is an optional mechanic that you (supposedly) can completely avoid, and maybe just stealth and hack everything for the whole entire game.
Then after this e3 a lot of new info started to come out the good ones for me could be counted with the finger on the hand the other ones well. Lame arcade boss battles,levels,perks,double jump magic,Lazer Katanas that shields you from bullets so much for "Cyberpunk is a setting grounded in reality"
Boss battles: optional
Levels, Perks: RPG/video-gamey mechanics ( I do like everything about what has been shown about the game so far )
Double jump: It's not magic, it's sufficiently advanced enough technology. Double jump technology in legs is probably made out of some special kind of graphene/carbon nano-tube super-springs and concentrated air puffs, and electromagnetic gravity-negation that works together in a short moment to boost the person using the technology up further than their current position.
Katanas that shield from bullets: A significantly strong (and directed) electromagnetic field could in theory block bullets, if we ever get that advanced in the future.
"Cyberpunk is a setting grounded in reality"
So Technically.... Yes! :)

Last edited:
Can you give examples of music you enjoyed,
From what? The 2018 version obviously.
I personally never thought Johnny as a punk rocker, I thought of him as ROCKER.
As for punk music, there are styles that I wouldn't oppose as much. Simply have music with melody in it and everything is fine.

and explain why you don't like the music they're using now? Which music are they using now?
I have two important rules about music, and both of the songs from the trailer break them.
1. Must have melody.
2. Must have passion.
This is the reason I hate rap and hip/hop. It doesn't count as music in my books. Its more akin to poetry.

What music are they using now?
This song has distinct lack of melody, and no amount of monotonously and loudly screaming into the mic is going to fix it. Playing badly is not a stylistic choice, its just bad.

Only If I can run inside and save them all and they all run up to V and say "thanks V you saved us!" and give V hugs. 100% guaranteed to make people cry. :)

CDProjektRed confirmed that you can play the entire game without killing anyone, so shooting is an optional mechanic that you (supposedly) can completely avoid, and maybe just stealth and hack everything for the whole entire game.

Boss battles: optional
Levels, Perks: RPG/video-gamey mechanics ( I do like everything about what has been shown about the game so far )
Double jump: It's not magic, it's sufficiently advanced enough technology. Double jump technology in legs is probably made out of some special kind of graphene/carbon nano-tube super-springs and concentrated air puffs, and electromagnetic gravity-negation that works together in a short moment to boost the person using the technology up further than their current position.
Katanas that shield from bullets: A significantly strong (and directed) electromagnetic field could in theory block bullets, if we ever get that advanced in the future.

So Technically.... Yes! :)

The fact you can play a game avoiding to kill anyone does not make it an rpg i can give you a lot of examples of games that do the same and they are action games or stealth games and some FPS in general. As for to rest the charm of cyberpunk was also that it was something that was not delving in deep sci-fi. Cyberpunk is not star trek so certain things always been kept low. Granted you can with cybernetics makes amazing things but double jump is just magic so is katana that is able to stop bullets ((this thing don't belong in cyberpunk)).
Boss battles may be optional but in the end they are gamey arcadish and again have no place in cyberpunk.

I do like everything about what has been shown about the game so far

I knew you liked this:

And sure, it will makes me cry of joy!
:ok:

Top Bottom