FPP/TPP Perspective Thread OPEN. Be NICE.

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup, still dissatisfied with the decision, still think there should be an option, but now convinced it's less because "immersion" and more "it's less work", due to not having to deal with fully animating the player model. With this news that there might not be the previously much-lauded third-person cutscenes, this theory is gaining more and more traction with me.
Your character is fully animated but you don’t see it.Still wondering if you can shoot in tp when you are in the car....this could be a nice touch for fp ^^haters^^

Nice that mirrors work in 2020, yes you can see your character in inventory, all that is not the same as playing the game in TPP, yes they say you can see your body when you look down or on the side lets be honest how many going to do that? are you going to move your camera down or to the side all the time? honestly that is nothing great or new for people who want TPP, and also multiplayer is in development, but no TPP can be done.

I think i said this many time in TPP/FPP thread, but i will say it again, Night City is not so small that TPP would not work and many TPP game was set in cities and it work fine, some examples Resident Evil 2 2019, Max Payne, Watch Dogs, GTA, Mass Effect, Evil Within.....

Also melee combat in FPP is crap and there is no way around it.

Actually the melee combat animations have been heavily complimented by some sources, although the sledgehammer apparently looked real rough.

The creators also showed a battle with the boss, in a visually stunning scenery, where in addition V had to struggle with the hacking netrunner that glittered her eyes. The fight itself was quite demanding, the opponent triggered dynamic elements of the environment making it difficult to move, and the player was under constant pressure.

There were enemies in the gang's head who, thanks to the chemical substance, moved much faster - they made a kind of "dashe" in our direction, like a Skulls unit in Metal Gear Solid V, and then hit us with "Superman blow". The player had to react quickly and he could defend himself in many ways. I especially liked the exquisite animations of the opponents during these situations and the fact that our actions could have interrupted them in a realistic way.. When the enemy was moving towards the V, the player could of course hit him with bullets, hit with the butt of a weapon, or perform a so-called "quick hack", i.e. hacking on the fly. The enemies were able to naturally shake or fall, and when their rifle series hit their bodies, they fluttered in a spectacular manner. Of course, the game implements a system of detachment of body fragments, so both heavy machine guns, shotguns and various types of white weapons will make your arms, legs and heads flew during the skirmishes. A lot of work has been done to visually refine these elements and it really looks great .

https://www.miastogier.pl/zapowiedz,pc,1241,s2.html (translated from Polish using chrome)

Depends on how you evaluate the crappiness of melee combat and what you're expecting.

I, for example, don't require animational excellence. Just that it serves the purpose and works like it actually was in an RPG.

Actually some of the melee combat animations have been heavily complimented by some sources, although the sledgehammer apparently looked real rough.

https://www.miastogier.pl/zapowiedz,pc,1241,s2.html (translated from Polish using chrome)

I think he didn't talked about "being attacked by Melee" (as enemies are forcibly treated as TPP anyway) but "attacking using Melee" feel bland in FPP, as much of what can be done IRL cannot be done well in a video game (for example have a bigger range doesn't translate well in FPP without 3d vision, positioning yourself cannot be done effectively in a video game, and so on). The "best" thing one can do in a FPP melee is having a counter mechanics, but outside of that it doesn't goes very far.

When it comes to melee, the less moving the camera is the most you can get from melee (so even different type of TPP will have varying results), and FPP is the POV which moves the most.

When it comes to melee, the less moving the camera is the most you can get from melee (so even different type of TPP will have varying results), and FPP is the POV which moves the most.
I dunno, I've seen a couple games do FPP melee pretty well (Mirrors Edge comes to mind). I do agree generally that FPP is better for ranged, and TPP is better for melee. However, there are ways to do each right.

However, there are ways to do each right.

I suppose besides switching view when switching weapons you mean?
Have you an example of that?

PS: I have some idea of how it could be done right, but it would mainly relies of automated features (for example pushing the stick "left" when attacked would automatically make you dodge + going to the left side of your opponent + moving the camera to the direction of your opponent. And you would need a shitload of such automated features), and those aren't popular.

Last edited:
I mean, I'm 33 and that game is 10 years old. It's not like this is some newfangled contraption.

Well, you are younger than me... ;)

More seriously, though, I know it's not a new thing. I've just never been good with that kind of camera shaking and what seems like (and would be with me at the helm) wanton flailing around at great speeds (nor found it very fun in the long run).

Last edited:
I'm a lot older than both of you and I quite enjoyed Mirror's Edge - I also quite like VR and FPP jump, flip, climb games in VR. So does my wife (even older than I!).

Doooon't think it's an age thing.

This old timer is Quite happy they are sticking to their FPP guns and vision. This appeals to me as I think it will be easier for those of us attempting to play this in VR.

I also find that in games where you can play in both fpp and tpp you just end up in a disadvantage playing in fpp compared to tpp as even if you play pve the gameplay is geared towards tpp, so a big YAY from me stick with it cdpr!

Actually the melee combat animations have been heavily complimented by some sources, although the sledgehammer apparently looked real rough.

Honestly, for a long time i don't 100% trust what game journalist and youtuber say, only few youtuber will say what they really think, and game journalist site will mostly make sure to just praise developers.

And yes, i meant me as a player using melee, best you can get is swing left swing right and hold to charge attack, for skyrim great but even that game have fucking TPP option, sorry but Mirrors Edge melee is mess.

Again i am happy for all of you who like FPP only and that is great good for you, for me FPP only reduce the amount how much game going to be fun and interesting for me, and CDPR can claim and talk how much more immersive FPP is, but they are wrong they don't know me they don't know what i like what is more fun for me, i say me but i also mean all people who like TPP from various reasons.

But TPP option would really be great even after game release.

Being the best at First Person melee combat is like being the tallest dwarf; yeah, sure you tower over the other dwarves but the ogres are still laughing at your dreams of playing for the Lakers.

The best First Person melee combat is maybe close to average when compared to the best Third Person melee combat, and considering CDPR managed to reach decent at best Third Person melee combat in The Witcher 3 after a patch (oh yeah, and two games before it), I'm not confident that First Person melee in Cyberpunk 2077 will be anything but somewhat serviceable at best.

TPP is cheating.

Btw, this game is not about melee combat.
Depends, actually. As it contains melee combat, it depends on how much the player wants to indulge in it. And where did you get the idea to equate Third Person Perspective to cheating? :shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom